cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium - Manual / User Guide

MattHickman
Rising Star
Hi all, 

This is something a lot of people have requested and we've been pulling together, so here you have it, the Oculus Medium user guide! We'll be keeping this updated with future releases and updates so you'll be able to come back and check it out as needed. 
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for this! It just  got me an answer to a question I had (what is the difference between Trigger and Taper feathers)... One more precision would be needed though, is the taper with time since trigger start or distance  (it should probably be an option).

Roaster
Rising Star
Please include some information about the relationship of resolution changes and size of the sculpt, and how it relates to the bounding box. Also how resolution changes to a layer affect the sculpt at large. I think resolution problems will mess more people up than anything else.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

SuperRoach
Explorer
Wow, I learned that the grid for symmetry has a savable position, AND it can be reset to the default if you accidently move it. That's handy!  (add snap to grid please! lol)

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

Wow, I learned that the grid for symmetry has a savable position, AND it can be reset to the default if you accidently move it. That's handy!  (add snap to grid please! lol)

Would be awesome if we could do this with layers, too. So I could pose a head and then, later on, return it to the symmetry plane to make symmetrical changes.

Also would be handy on the camera. It's so easy to accidentally shift the perspective, especially when doing multiple light passes

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It would also be nice if the Flip tool flipped the layer about the current position of the symmetry plane, rather than the centre of the layer. That way, we could position a layer relative to the rest of the model, and duplicate/flip it for a copy that was symmetrical relative to the model.

Or, it would be great of Flip let you choose a symmetry plane. Press Flip, two planes light up--the symmetry plane, and the centre of the layer. Click one of them to complete the Flip (no choice necessary if the layer hasn't been moved from the original position). That way we can create symmetry to the overall model, or create symmetry within a layer that has been moved away from the origin. You could even allow flipping in any of the three ordinal planes with this method.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Hey friends! Check out the updated manual from 1.3. Lots of great new stuff is in there, though feel free to reach out and let us know if there's something we haven't covered over or you need more detail on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there an updated manual since 1.3?  Thank you for this.. A much needed reference.