cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Monsters Sculpting Contest (submissions due April 20th at 12pm PT)

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Oculus Medium Monster Sculpting Contest

sebxdmkyzent.png
*For inspiration, creature based on Carlos Huante's concept and sculpted in Medium by Giovanni Nakpil.* 

Medium will be at Monsterpalooza in Pasadena, CA April 13-15th. 

In celebration of the show, sculpt a monster utilizing Oculus Medium and enter to win a 3D print of your monster! 

Rules: 

1. Submissions must be made in Medium only.
  2. Submit three (3) photos and/or a (1) 20-second video of your final sculpt.
  3. Submission screenshots and videos must be taken with Medium internal photo and video tools.
  4. One entry per participant.
  5. Must be 18 year or older, must be in located in United States, United Kingdom, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland or Japan.   
  6. Please see official rules attached

Submission: 

1. Email submission of 3 photos and/or 1 20-second video to: medium@oculus.com
  2. Due before 12:00 p.m. PT on April 20, 2018

Judging Criteria: 

60 points: Design creativity and uniqueness

30 points: Interpretation and clarity of theme to the judges/viewers

10 points: Presentation (choice of pictures or video will not be counted against submission) 

Judges: Members of the Medium team. 

Good luck! 

34 REPLIES 34

LZoltowski
Champion
OMG IM IN!!! I was about to start a monster sculpt! Woohooooo Happy Days! Thanks Medium team!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Totally going to make a dragon of some kind. Ideas are brewing!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This one is going to be fun! Competition is going to be fierce.  Looking forward to seeing what the winning sculpts look like!   I'm setting a highly ambitious goal of actually entering the contest, and hoping to place somewhere in the top 200 submissions!

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
3 more weeks until submissions are due! Some inspiration from @P3nT4gR4m, @superactionfunboy, @steveteeps, @southerngfx, @bananapunk! 

hk68csc7isqb.png

Sterling77
Rising Star
@"naomi.cornman" This looks amazing, really excited - any chance of adding Australia to the terms ? Thanks looking forward to your thoughts 🙂 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Need refresher or some tips on creating creatures? Dive into a Tutorial in VR with Dominic Qwek

Sculpting Organic Creatures in Oculus Medium with Dominic Qwek

0ezk71hza719.png

LZoltowski
Champion

Need refresher or some tips on creating creatures? Dive into a Tutorial in VR with Dominic Qwek

Sculpting Organic Creatures in Oculus Medium with Dominic Qwek

0ezk71hza719.png

Im working on mine! It's taking longer than usual because of work but im on it!! 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
10 days left, and I'm about half done. 😛

starakat
Explorer
Hey, I emailed my video and then tried to upload my sculpt to my gallery but it doesn't show.  I tried just uploading the default sphere and it worked, tried my monster sculpt again and still nothing.  Any suggestions so I can make the deadline tomorrow?