cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

smogzy
Honored Guest
Really would like to import .obj files from 3d scans. Is this possible through any 3rd party software?

TheRedCow
Protege
I Thought of a really cool feature to add to medium. The ability to bring up reference photos from a directory on your PC so then you wouldn't need to take off the headset to see your reference and it would overall be a more seamless experience 

Smallpoly
Protege
Hey, would really like to see an autosave function. I lost my first model in a crash.
Something that also generates a low poly mesh, unwraps, and bakes normals, occlusion, etc. from the high poly would really make my day. Maybe in a few years?

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer

TheRedCow said:

I Thought of a really cool feature to add to medium. The ability to bring up reference photos from a directory on your PC so then you wouldn't need to take off the headset to see your reference and it would overall be a more seamless experience 

This one has been suggested a few times. Oculus has responded they are indeed trying to work out a way to do this. Agree though, will be nice when it's added!

Ybalrid
Expert Protege

TheRedCow said:

This one has been suggested a few times. Oculus has responded they are indeed trying to work out a way to do this. Agree though, will be nice when it's added!

Just throwing an idea here, but putting images on planes and making them semi-transparent seems to be a good way to do so. And even may be interesting to be able to make that plain the active symmetry plane in one click 😉
CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3 Developer at LIV

OutatimeTV
Protege

smogzy said:

Really would like to import .obj files from 3d scans. Is this possible through any 3rd party software?

You can import any OBJ file as a stamp. Just put the file into "my documents/medium/_import" folder and import it inside medium.

Gherron
Protege
I can't wait for Christmas so I can get my Touch and start sculpting!

Question:  If I am trying to create a model based on a picture, is there any way to upload that picture and view it while modeling?  It would be nice to have a floating easel or some type of floating plane to display my reference material.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Gherron Not yet but Brain mentioned it's the works 🙂

Gherron
Protege

FrozenPea said:

@Gherron Not yet but Brain mentioned it's the works 🙂

Excellent.  I'm definitely an amateur artist who can't quite visualize without the reference material right in front of me.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Gherron yeah same here, I just keep my references on my monitor and quickly pop my HMD up and have a peek! 🙂