cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

jpen said:

Will there be a version of Medium on for Quest?

We're not yet planning to have Medium on Oculus Quest. There's a few different reasons for that but the biggest one is this: Medium is a processing heavy application that, built as is, requires the power and memory of a PC. Maybe in the future, but right now we’re working on improving Medium for workflow and pipeline. 

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Medium 2.3.1 Release Notes

bjgk2vawhapd.jpeg

Lighting and Materials:

• Fog is now a world setting that you can customize: Set your color, strength, min/max height, and min/max distance. 

• You can save your selected material settings and restore/copy to other layer materials by - Check out the Save and Load buttons in the material settings panel.

Memory and Performance:

• Medium should use ½ to ⅓ as much GPU VRAM as previous version. We have changed Medium’s core data structures and how it handles GPU memory. Much larger/higher resolution sculpts should now be possible.

• Improved memory and performance by replacing sparse textures with voxel blocks.

• Improved dynamic ambient occlusion, leading towards less self-occlusion artifacts.

• Layer limit is now 128. 

Fixes:

• Fixed crash on latest AMD drivers when trying to import or create a custom stamp.

• Ground planes now have lines to indicate world origin and to alleviate motion sickness with more visual grounding.

• Scrollbar now is visually correct - muted when not highlighted, brighter when highlighted.

• Greek and Romanian symbols work perfectly in Medium! 

• Fixed a manipulation issue that would cause the sculpt to snap to a super large size and far away when scaling a small layer.

• Imported stamp previews no longer persist on tool hand after switching away from them.

• Directory will no longer delete unintentionally during an fbx export.

• File exports in fbx/obj will no longer delete the corresponding file of a different extension.

• Various crash fixes.

Sterling77
Rising Star
Wicked !! 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

Buhonero
Honored Guest
With the latest update 2.3.1 I'm getting terrible performance and cannot add clay smoothly. It lags and create straight lines, really frustrating, making the app unusable.

I have a 1660ti, 16gb of Ram, W10, plenty of free space.

I didn’t have any issues with the previous version 

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
@Buhonero, man! That's weird. We did change the starting resolution, but that was back in 2.3. Possible you can post a video of your problems? We're intrigued at what's going on with your system.

Buhonero
Honored Guest
@jessicazeta sure, here's a video of the problem:

Looking forward to a solution as I was enjoying a lot the app.

Metrons
Expert Protege
Any chance you're playing spotify when using medium? I had HORRIBLE performance issues, i finally found out spotify in my web browser was causing it?

Buhonero
Honored Guest

Metrons said:

Any chance you're playing spotify when using medium? I had HORRIBLE performance issues, i finally found out spotify in my web browser was causing it?

Spotify App and Web browsers are closed. Still stuttering 😞

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Medium 2.3.2 Release Notes

46o888743dbm.png

Scene Graph:

• We now display max layer count and current number of layers at the bottom of the Scene Graph

• The max layer limit is now 150

Constraints:

• Non-layer nodes (images, meshes, etc)  will freely manip when mirror-constrained manip is on, if they don’t have any layers parented underneath them.

Fixes:

• Fixed blank node when using Add Mesh as Clay on an installed mesh.

• Fixed missing clay tool UI sound effects. 

• Fixed reference images still having visible borders when in sculptmode. 

• Manip numpad editing now undos and redos

• Fixed undo/redo manipulation in object space after global manipulation

• Duplicate layer button only enables now when possible

• Fixed some crashes

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Manual is updated!!

svr77h6aw84k.png

Your handbook to all things Medium! ?
https://www.oculus.com/medium/manual