cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3nT's sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Figured I'm hardly qualified for the "First Sculpts" thread any more and, tbh, I kinda like that being for first sculpts so I figured I might as well make my own sketchbook vanity thread like they seem to do everywhere else that 3d modelling and forums collide.

I'll post my crap in here. You guys can look at it and chuckle and hopefully start your own thread so's I don't feel like I'm the only attention whore in the place!

as4uv65urvj7.jpg

o0vb8h3zl0we.jpg

uvpzyuic3ltu.jpg

oam6w68jl539.jpg

835 REPLIES 835

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Thanks guys. Still needs a bit of work. Nose is way too small. I'm having the same trouble I had when I did pinhead - sticking a pound and a half of rubber on a dude's head throws the proportions off just enough to confuse the hell out of me.  :s

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Calling it done. Did I mention how that roughness slider on the default material has CHANGED MY LIFE!!!

8lsvyfz0f77v.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Start of something new. Tracing over the ref plane like Steve Lord was doing on the livestream t'other night. 
w5vhbhodfikr.jpg

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
You've vastly improved since I used to post a lot when Medium first came out!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@KevinLongtime thanks mate, had a lot of practice. What you been up to? 

monstersandmachines
Heroic Explorer
Freddy came out great! Looking forward to see how the Giger piece comes out. He is one of my biggest influences so I can't wait...

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
TBH mate it might be a while. Finding it hard to get the motivation to do all the fiddly bits. Past the face it's not even symmetrical. I'll need to be in the right mood to tackle it. In the meantime I'm working on some pieces for a full environment in UE4. Very giger-esque.

s530gr2pnjcb.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Funny story. I decided to use a front and side elevation of a lion and fix them at right angles across the symmetry plane to see how easy it was to replicate the kind of effect you'd get doing the same thing with a front and side orthographic view in a render package. Only thing is I had the symmetry plane mirroring the wrong way. Decided to just run with it. Wasn't a completely failed experiment, tho, I'm pretty confident it'd work if the symmetry was the right way round. 

So yeah, here's my take on a lion  😄

8yk0xacd1dn7.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Original and still my favourite
bc8boxxhtbk1.png

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Damn, being away for a week feels like a lifetime. Think maybe I just wanna live in VR
dz9eqrui71kj.jpg