cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3nT's sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Figured I'm hardly qualified for the "First Sculpts" thread any more and, tbh, I kinda like that being for first sculpts so I figured I might as well make my own sketchbook vanity thread like they seem to do everywhere else that 3d modelling and forums collide.

I'll post my crap in here. You guys can look at it and chuckle and hopefully start your own thread so's I don't feel like I'm the only attention whore in the place!

as4uv65urvj7.jpg

o0vb8h3zl0we.jpg

uvpzyuic3ltu.jpg

oam6w68jl539.jpg

835 REPLIES 835

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Decided I still aint happy with Alan Moore. Threw another couple of hours at obsessively trying to get it right. Rounded it off by maxing out the res by chopping out everything on the head you couldn't see then creating a new layer, blobbing some clay down, shrinking it's bounds to the minimum that still enclosed the head and then merging the two together. Sculpt is now takes me up to 20 gig ram usage but the detail I can get is off the charts! Going to take a while detailing the whole thing tho. So far I've made a start on the left eye and put some scribble down on the rest. Took about 15 mins so I'm seeing another two or three hours at least.
9nlenoxlrivu.jpg
kg8sm6nk2vjc.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
mamqz9f482we.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
15dh5dcruyuh.jpg
i771zurmczwo.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
ynvl1mjizjc2.gif

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
0u5lrmh72xuv.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
yduffpust904.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
So in advance of my meatspace sculpting lessons, I decided to score some plasticene and see what manual 3-d printing was all about. F'kinell this shit is genuine hard!!! Also IRL is crying out for a zoom function. God, if you're listening, I suggest pulling arms apart to activate it just like in Medium.f4q1x7qyf43n.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Workin with real stuff is much harder than in medium, i can really understand your crying for zoom. You can find some good tutorials for small scale sculpting here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuFJ2v_GEkLOoJEY1oQh2A

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@FearDaAlien - cheers for the link, Subbed!

IRL Sculpt number 2. Went about twice as big. Much easier. Still fiddly as hell. I can see me having to buy more plasticene and work in 1-1 scale. Need to get my hands on a couple of those special sculpty tools you see all the cool kids using cos right now an old ballpoint pen and a screwdriver aint cutting it. 

84qjg9ud8sz9.jpgk389t3h8gvxn.jpgxeveb5pecpya.jpg

In medium news I'm still beavering away on the power armour suit. Is for a project on another board that may or may not turn into something cool. Still messing about with the concept but gradually dialling it. head, collar and chestpiece I'm more or less happy with. Going to have to check my proportions tho. Waist looks like it needs to come up a bit. 

he9x9ctznt4h.jpg
xmrnuok0izie.jpg
3r738ldb4c27.jpg