cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3nT's sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Figured I'm hardly qualified for the "First Sculpts" thread any more and, tbh, I kinda like that being for first sculpts so I figured I might as well make my own sketchbook vanity thread like they seem to do everywhere else that 3d modelling and forums collide.

I'll post my crap in here. You guys can look at it and chuckle and hopefully start your own thread so's I don't feel like I'm the only attention whore in the place!

as4uv65urvj7.jpg

o0vb8h3zl0we.jpg

uvpzyuic3ltu.jpg

oam6w68jl539.jpg

835 REPLIES 835

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
e09q9np78sbk.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
gk4vbb8xnp1o.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
2sehwpbghm2p.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
@P3nT4gR4m just spent the last few minutes looking at this over on facebook.  Now I can get an even closer look.  Some really fascinating things going on in that sculpt.  All of it.  The eyes and the area around them are flat out insane, immediately made me think, the eyes of the undead, flat, cold human-like but definitely not human.  The cut/cracked clay really plays well into that whole zombie thing.  Something very anatomical about it, not in the blended way of the naturally alive, but in the face peeling way of the undead where the underlying structure pronounces itself as the living flesh gives way.  I also dig the way the interplay of the colors. Visually intriguing.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@DreamShaper Thanks man! One of the things I really dig about zombies is the whole - thinking about what happens to anatomy after it starts to decompose - thing. I try not to overdo it, like I'll pick a thing to wreck and then riff around that. This time I decided to collapse the risorius and see what happened when it came loose and mucked up the corners of the mouth. After that, yeah - I kinda shoot for halfway between ecorche and normal face as the fat all disappears first, leaving skin stretched over muscle and bone.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
e3msmwecyvpj.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using lighting on that, or two different materials, or both?
I like the striation effect on the wings, it's an interesting property. I've been spending an enormous amount of time over the last week exploring exactly how that works and how to amplify and control it, just screams wings, water and sand dunes.   Seems to work better on darker colors, because of the grayscale range, I think. 

I'm also curious to see how that renders

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@DreamShaper is two lights plus a dash of ambient. I have a standard photoshop process which makes the Medium caps really pop:

1) image adjustment - auto contrast
2) dupe the layer
3) set the duped layer blend mode to Overlay at around 50% opacity

I also mask out the bg and add a gradient fill

Striation on wings is just airbrushed on in medium

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Finished!
mpck4dt6gm1i.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Quite like this guy's attitude. Might turn it into a project