cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

FrozenPea
Level 13
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do ๐Ÿ™‚ 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
Check out my Medium Sculpts: 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49696/frozenpeas-sketchbook

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrozenPeaSculpts
772 REPLIES 772

Vectorbelly
Level 3
s39l55bk94qo.png5zublny9s2q9.png31xdxmswimqz.png

So here is the painted final version.  In total about 10 hours of work.  Leave a comment or message me with ideas for another sculpt.  Always looking for a challenge, and I find that attempting others suggestions gets you out of the comfort zone better.  Happy Sculpting!
i5 7900 | Asus Z270 MB | 16GB DDR4 3600 | 2x GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 | Corsair 1200w Modular

HiCZoK
Level 4
First time playing medium.

Nothing as cool as other people are posting but I am proud of my abomination anyway :wink:

Vectorbelly
Level 3
@HiCZoK That's the beauty of Medium!  Sky's the limit, and have fun.  Cool little "abomination" you got there!  My current issue is finding 64gigs of RAM for a decent amount of money....lol.
i5 7900 | Asus Z270 MB | 16GB DDR4 3600 | 2x GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 | Corsair 1200w Modular

Splatter_666
Level 2
onqmx785ts75.pngnggx6dab533j.pngFirst time in VR and my first sculpt "welcome To Hell". Had so much fun doing this and can't wait to practice with this programme and get better with techniques and finishes. Awesome fun. 

n001d3ccmyat.png

danilo
Level 4
These are my "firsties" on medium.  Loving the software so far. I wish i had more time to sculpt... so much work to do and so little time...
cszvnc0btq2i.pngyimf469mpptk.pnggjul0nemq1wg.png5dcnjzmnof7x.pngodao0ejawk9a.png

danilo
Level 4

madamluck said:

Found diffuse slider which makes surface look more 'fleshy'

Couple of hours on this orc head, slowly getting used to this!
4wc5t153iwqd.pngzohqctwc60ru.png

I watched your entire YouTube video on this... I'm in awe of your talent!! You make it look so easy and after watching your video I felt like I can do this! But that was short lived when I got into medium lol just want you to know your amazing! 

Where is the video? I would like to watch. I got some problems with cranking the resolution. After 3x times increase Medium crashes sometimes... I just bought more 16gb, I hope that will solve my problem

danilo
Level 4

zormone said:

This was fun in Medium.I love it.
Live long and prosper.b1q8auoyohel.jpg

Beautiful! How many RAM do you have on your system? I got some problems with cranking up the resolution. After 3x times increase Medium crashes...  I just bought more 16gb, so i will end with 32gb DDR4.  I hope that will solve my problems with layer resolution

P3nT4gR4m
Level 12
@danilo Layer resolution is (for my money) one of the strangest, most counter intuitive bits of Medium to get to grips with. It's a bit like subdivision but it's the layer that subdivides more like scaling in Photoshop. Best advice I have is to pay attention to the large, black bounding box which usually starts off so big that it's easy to not even notice. 

What you have to understand about this box is that there are always the same number of voxels in it. As you up the resolution the box will shrink as your sculpt is spread out over 4 times as many voxels. The available layer shrinks to match and ends up more full.

Going up to 32 gig will give you a ton of breathing space to figure it out.

danilo
Level 4

P3nT4gR4m said:

@danilo Layer resolution is (for my money) one of the strangest, most counter intuitive bits of Medium to get to grips with. It's a bit like subdivision but it's the layer that subdivides more like scaling in Photoshop. Best advice I have is to pay attention to the large, black bounding box which usually starts off so big that it's easy to not even notice. 

What you have to understand about this box is that there are always the same number of voxels in it. As you up the resolution the box will shrink as your sculpt is spread out over 4 times as many voxels. The available layer shrinks to match and ends up more full.

@P3nT4gR4m  Thanks for the explanation. 
I noticed this box before but I did not really understand what it meant.  There is a place to read more about this technical details on Medium? The manual seems to be lacking this kind of information.

danilo
Level 4
Thanks for the explanation! There is a place to read more about this kind of technical information?     P3nT4gR4m said: