cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Welcome to the party, dude!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ya, it's definitely addictive.  I am quite interested to see the direction your work is going to take.

Thank you, your stuff is amazing.

Thanks!

Rudalpl
Protege
Well, I know it's not very creative but you asked for the first one. 😄 dy7ih1vc0tw6.png   😄

Tezdee
Honored Guest
First time sculpting anything, VR or otherwise.  Made an ant with a stinger.  It was so much fun!
ejjh8jvwrma4.pngSorry for the double post, not sure why it happened or how to delete it.

Tezdee
Honored Guest
Mistakenly doubleposted.  Not sure how to delete.

Surroundi
Honored Guest
Enjoying the new features of medium. First time trying to do painting on the model also. Only minus I dont know how to rotate the clay mesh 😕 Also I wish there would be a way to change the sky box to something else. And a quick way to make a render room for quick screen shots
znlzz6lah3qn.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Surroundi

You can change the skybox by clicking on "World" in the scene graph (at top).  This will allow you to get rid of the clouds and add black, grey, a greenscreen, or any other uniform background you choose.  Also can put a background image in by inserting a photo behind your sculpt, if you choose.  They still have a border on it, so this technique is of somewhat limited  use, but works for some scenes. 

To rotate a mesh, select it in the scene graph, and hit "manip" (one of the selections on your left hand palette, if using default settings).  When you do that the palette will expand and one of the icons is rotate.  The tool is pretty self explanatory in how it works, once you find it.

MasterDisasterX
Honored Guest
Wow, I have to say this program was beyond expectation!
This was my first creation ever, made this evening, spent about four hours and a couple of beers.9ayiu34hemz5.png
I have no experience whatsoever with computer 3D modelling, amazing, can't wait to create more, but my head needs a rest from VR for now 🙂 I bet there's loads of flaws etc. in relation to actual usefull 3D modelling, but it's a great start I believe!

CrimsonCatalyst
Explorer

Surroundi said:

Enjoying the new features of medium. First time trying to do painting on the model also. Only minus I dont know how to rotate the clay mesh 😕 Also I wish there would be a way to change the sky box to something else. And a quick way to make a render room for quick screen shots
znlzz6lah3qn.png

I think it might be easiest to pose your creation in front of an imported picture.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
@Surroundi, To rotate your mesh I'd also suggest selecting your Sculpt > selecting manipulation on your support hand > Rotating the sculpt via the circular handles