cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SouthernGFX Sketchbook

southerngfx
Level 5
A couple of weeks in now and I'm loving working with Medium. Lots of things I want added but to be honest I'm happy enough learning what's there for now.  We've had stuff out and got it into ZBrush with good success. We've managed to get stuff into Mesh Labs, fix it, UV it and get it into ZBrush ready for colour printing on a J750 but nothing amazing to show there yet.

qwkoh5ig5nu3.jpg

41kw0dlmpg6t.jpg

ws72rckrwu5t.jpg
--
v1hgzu04b3ib.jpg
--

Oculus Medium Sculpting - Tethered Amalgam by Glen Southern from SouthernGFX on Vimeo.

h41017kc7irn.jpg

Oculus Medium Sculpting - Ginger Troll by Glen Southern from SouthernGFX on Vimeo.

Oculus Medium Ginger Troll test printed on a Form2
rg2rc5rauojo.jpg
6eydtnbhv81a.jpg

3yanal3phcw9.jpg
--

Oculus Medium Sculpting - Voltaic Construct by Glen Southern from SouthernGFX on Vimeo.

141 REPLIES 141

P3nT4gR4m
Level 12
Haha, I had two possible solutions but none of them did the whole lot at once! 

southerngfx
Level 5
Massive brush. Way bigger than the wheel. Zero inner radius.

southerngfx
Level 5
They found the 'Roaring Plenty' car from Wacky races!!

deqfm4qwi6ah.jpg

Oculus Medium sculpt exported at 2 million Triangles (from 22 million) and rendered in Keyshot over a backplate of my paint desk.

kofjyo80in3p.jpg

southerngfx
Level 5
First day back from FMX delivery Creature workshops and I needed a Robot fix. Hence my homage to the iron Giant.

7jghh2lpkhyc.jpguuksxhr9a1w1.jpgvxkyxxcio9fr.jpgurtsgkqvd2r7.jpgt1066g8f6nod.jpgdewn7ojv8sff.jpgt1gv2x24n9p2.jpgta96kepf1ydh.jpga5cppnm0va2y.jpg7hgvzd9j5nal.jpg4c1cy4kxwraa.jpg5qcyjwlfo946.jpg

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The master is back! Woop!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

southerngfx
Level 5

The master is back! Woop!

I don't know about master but I never go away, I just get too busy busy busy lol  

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
You sir are a master, I still watch your videos for inspiration 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

southerngfx
Level 5
A little time-lapse of the big guy so far. Posable so I'm giving him away today so we can all have a play.

https://vimeo.com/267389344

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Also, Iron Giant, is that because of Ready Player One? Iron Giant is one of my favourite animated films of all time too.

Be kind to one another 🙂

southerngfx
Level 5
Oh god not at all. I LOVE Iron Giant and I haven't seen RPONE yet. My Son was reading it two years ago and fell in love with the story so when he saw it and said the IG was in it I knew how far they had departed.  He loved it though.    In truth this is a feeble attempt to get my wife to buy me this actually figure 😞  Its not worked yet.