cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you working on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
After posting my first sculpt, it was quite a while until I got around to making a sketchbook thread.  Sometimes I wanted to post an individual piece, but there really didn't seem to be a place to do that.  Even now, I don't usually post "in-progress" sketches that I may or may not get back to, and generally use finished/mostly finished sculpts in the sketchbook. 

Anyhow, it would be interesting to see what other people are working on once they've posted their "First Medium Sculpt", so here's a place to do that 🙂
527 REPLIES 527

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned, changed the lighting, it's a lot more atmospheric than daylight, colours are more in line with the original anime too now.

83msk2loqnre.jpg

I really like this one, fantastic atmosphere

cybereality
Grand Champion
This is off the chain. OMG!!!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Experimenting with sculpts using a single custom stamp.  Three different results here.  More in my sketchbook thread.

fzl75cha5un4.png
69s48hl6pt44.png

kbxp5cl8brou.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Working on an interpretation of a scene from one of my all time favourite animated movies, Ghost in the Shell, that scene floored me. I will probably only texture this in Medium with painting, so I can easily export it into home.

I am sure @cybereality will enjoy this, I will make a model suitable for importing into the Oculus Home once it;s
 done.

3hxd6x7n6x40.jpg

57ncqzjisau0.pngms9ohfr45yxl.png
This is what it looks like at home atm,

One thing I find extremely annoying with Medium and home export, it does not bake ANY AO into the texture, so it always looks very flat. The imported objects also cast no shadows.

17kncfkvou51.jpg1ojd71lgbjce.jpg

Hey LZoltowski
If you change your Home environment to that one with the sailship/pirate ship,you will have light and shadows (affecting your sculpt) on the balcony.

LZoltowski
Champion
@zormone ah cool thanks!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Dressing up the building a bit, added draped over damaged cloth to give it that bit of anime flavour. Also added volumetric fog that the lights illuminate and scatter correctly now to give the image more depth. I love how the details on the sides of the frame are just silhouettes hinting at the shape.Also refined ambient occlusion so that the shadows are a little bit more defined.

Currently, this renders in 1.2 minutes per frame. I want to make this into an animation about a minute or so long. that is 2,146 frames at 1.2 mins per frame. That is 43 hours render time. Should have something rendered by next weekend!

9mv28xjvv60p.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@LZoltowski Dude, that is coming together awesomely!! 

Start of something new. Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect - Caroline and Fred. 
nsmdj0itthxa.jpg

LZoltowski
Champion

P3nT4gR4m said:

@LZoltowski Dude, that is coming together awesomely!! 

Start of something new. Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect - Caroline and Fred. 
nsmdj0itthxa.jpg

OOOh something new from the master, colour me interested.

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
@P3nT4gR4m  Excellent.  I see you're going to do some figures.  Looking forward to these 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just playing with fire.  A series of psychedelic imagery added to my sketchbook
gfd593dja749.png