cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you working on?

DreamShaper
Level 8
After posting my first sculpt, it was quite a while until I got around to making a sketchbook thread.  Sometimes I wanted to post an individual piece, but there really didn't seem to be a place to do that.  Even now, I don't usually post "in-progress" sketches that I may or may not get back to, and generally use finished/mostly finished sculpts in the sketchbook. 

Anyhow, it would be interesting to see what other people are working on once they've posted their "First Medium Sculpt", so here's a place to do that 🙂
527 REPLIES 527

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Im working on a full body sculpt. Have never done anatomy before, so its a learning experience..

Im watching the World of Warcraft movie in Medium while sculpting.

dpce7nzlc597.jpg

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Henri1970
Level 5
pretty sweet LZoltowski. I am making some Michael Angelo fanart...I have no idea where i am going with this to be honest. I was chatting in Medium with Kevin Ang whilst sculpting. Will probably let this one rest a few days.
0d5xragmu2ed.jpg

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Henri1970 said:

pretty sweet LZoltowski. I am making some Michael Angelo fanart...I have no idea where i am going with this to be honest. I was chatting in Medium with Kevin Ang whilst sculpting.
0d5xragmu2ed.jpg

I really like your style ... it has a Rembrandt-esque feel to it mixed in with whimsy and an almost Vermeer quality to it with a sprinkling of Dali. It feels both flat and multi-dimensional at the same time. There is both light and darkness there. Great balance.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

DeadlyJoe
Level 8
I've got a skyscraper-crushing dragon in the works. I'm going to model the city block and buildings in Blender. Tons of detail work to do on this one.

xiy4mkm7sxxb.png

DreamShaper
Level 8
He looks pretty serious, really like the pose and the face detail you have started there

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

DeadlyJoe said:

I've got a skyscraper-crushing dragon in the works. I'm going to model the city block and buildings in Blender. Tons of detail work to do on this one.

xiy4mkm7sxxb.png

I was planning to do a dragon after my orc ... as I am living the fantasy world at the moment .. looking great!

Be kind to one another 🙂

InkyTheOctopus
Level 7
Working on a scenery backdrop for this.......
fnbk66n32jbf.png
https://www.oculus.com/medium/artists/inkytheoctopus/

DreamShaper
Level 8
That is insanely crisp

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
@InkyTheOctopus our "Crispy" master ...

Be kind to one another 🙂