cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yan's sketchbook

yanhaoart
Level 5
Hey guys!

Seen all the awesome work around here and I feel like sharing my sculpting efforts ๐Ÿ˜„

I try to link the way I model in Medium like I'm doing plastic model kits, creating little dioramas to tell simple stories haha.
Feel free to drop me feedback!

Also looking to get better at controlling the geometry in Medium too! 

VR gallery here!

hn93he18tqxl.jpg
20f9brvrstwd.jpg
39yo4oe3irj2.jpg
qllojdiw1jud.jpg
43 REPLIES 43

yanhaoart
Level 5
Hey guys!
New stuff for this week!
rkyvk5rs5rog.jpg
0xpddd8mjkcg.jpgje3nm8y9puhh.jpg2advat8xdqbb.jpg

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
This is absolutely superb work. Has a claymation handcrafted feel to it, with such great intimate angles.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another ๐Ÿ™‚

P3nT4gR4m
Level 12
Dunno what it is about these, like composition or lighting or something I don't totally understand but it blows me away. Feel like I'd need to be a better artist to put into words what looking at them does to me!

yanhaoart
Level 5
@LZoltowski
Thanks for the kind words man!

@P3nT4gR4m
Hmm, i'll normally take a real life location and try to play up the narrative, for the lighting i'm using just 1 key + 1 fill light!
some smaller area lights can be added but that really depends.

For the compositions, i'll sketch it out and see if it works or i can go the virtual photographer route haha

Hope that helps!

P3nT4gR4m
Level 12
@yanhaoart Yeah, mate, you probably noticed I'm more of a character/creature guy than scenes/environments so I think I lack the vocabulary to express what it is but the way the whole thing is composed just seems so right. 

It reminds me of before I started exploring anatomy I could still tell amazing stuff from less so but I didn't understand what the difference was. One day I'll maybe learn whole scenes and then I'll probably figure out what it is I'm trying to say here  ๐Ÿ™‚

yanhaoart
Level 5
izzs23ommayb.jpg
gtixcn7dkjt8.jpgtxorar0ijyya.jpg
prvoysu6axx4.jpg

Some new stuff for this week!
๐Ÿ˜„

yanhaoart
Level 5
Combined diorama!navcjma94t0o.jpg

DreamShaper
Level 8
That is not only fantastic, it is also awesome.  Great concept, and  very nicely done.   Love the distinctive style, and the story telling!

P3nT4gR4m
Level 12
That is gonna be an awesome fight! I especially love how there's spies in both camps

yanhaoart
Level 5
Thank you for the kind comment guys!