cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medium sculpts won't post to "My Gallery" and facebook

eithman
Protege
I have successfully posted sculpts to my gallery and to facebook a few times but for some reason now, it says that it posted to my uploads, but they don't show up in my Oculus Medium Gallery or on Facebook. the last one I got to work in my Gallery was a sculpt titled "balloon box" which has several strings and lots of confetti in it. The "3D Post" would crash my facebook app whenever I scrolled to it (which also happened to a few of my friends) so I had to delete the 3D post and just post a link to the sculpt in my Gallery.

I don't knw why I suddenly can"t post to my gallery, and I hope it's not related to the baloon box facebook poat being wonky, But I hope to be able to use my Gallery again soon.

Thanks in advance for and help or insight
12 REPLIES 12

MattHickman
Rising Star
Generally speaking only very large sculpts or unstable internet connections cause the share itself to fail. We are investigating why the posts are crashing the mobile app, hopefully that portion will be resolved soon. 

Are you getting any kind of error messages at all when sharing? Or is it just not appearing in your gallery when you go check?

Fightdude
Explorer
Have not tried until recently, but I'm having the same problem. I'm getting #coral, even on very small files. Not 100% certain our issues are the same, but figuring out one might help to figure out the other.

eithman
Protege

Generally speaking only very large sculpts or unstable internet connections cause the share itself to fail. We are investigating why the posts are crashing the mobile app, hopefully that portion will be resolved soon. 

Are you getting any kind of error messages at all when sharing? Or is it just not appearing in your gallery when you go check?

sometimes I get an error message saying it can't be saved to uploads, and sometimes it says it was saved to uploads but still doesn't show up to my Gallery of Facebook

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Hey @Fightdude and @eithman - Do you mind sharing those sculpts you're failing to share with me? We'll take a look.

MattHickman
Rising Star
Sorry about the errors, #Coral is sort of our catch all to just tell you it failed instead of failing silently. We've been trying to lock down all those edge cases but it's hard for us to reliably reproduce it. Sometimes I'll get 3 in a row and then not see it again for weeks. We usually chalk it up to internet connection instability. 

Not saving to uploads is something else entirely, are you on the most up to date build 1.3.3? We used to see issues with empty layers causing sculpts to fail to share. Are you seeing it on anything and everything? A good check to see if it's something in the sculpt is to just load a new scene and try to share the default sphere with no other changes and see what happens. 

eithman
Protege

Hey @Fightdude and @eithman - Do you mind sharing those sculpts you're failing to share with me? We'll take a look.

sure, I'd be happy to if it would help. I have pasted a link to the Balloon Box sculpt that crashes facebook below.

https://www.oculus.com/medium/sculpts/394453941015870/

Fightdude
Explorer
Mine turned out to be because my Medium install directory is on my large secondary drive. Moving it to my C:/ drive fixed the issue, but due to storage limitations, that's not viable long term. If possible, support for this setup style would be appreciated, but I don't know if that's possible.

Rikheart
Honored Guest
Has anyone found a fix for this? I cant seem to share my second model to Facebook. Once I press share it tells me it was uploaded but it really wasnt and I noticed that the Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\bin folder pops up for some reason... any tips?

fedus
Honored Guest
Hi, I have the same problem, can't share to Facebook. When I select the menu item it says "Your sculpt was added to uploads" and I realized the \oculus-medium\bin folder gets opened, but nothing happens. No post on facebook