cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stamp alignment and list view problems

HomeDistiller
Explorer
im having some issues with imported stamps, the stamp "ghost" is way out of alignment with the tool, yet it stamps in the correct place, also the list preview is extremely dark/shows no detail, so it makes the stamps next to useless.. i have tried converting the files into other types and the problem persists, is it the files, medium or both that are causing the problems??
ntw69nutt5qp.pngoto09owe6jn5.png2c288ur1d9jd.pngole00r45mus0.png8drwe5iodfx5.pngrcsckasyaxi8.png
9 REPLIES 9

HomeDistiller
Explorer
no help?

MattHickman
Rising Star

im having some issues with imported stamps, the stamp "ghost" is way out of alignment with the tool, yet it stamps in the correct place, also the list preview is extremely dark/shows no detail, so it makes the stamps next to useless.. i have tried converting the files into other types and the problem persists, is it the files, medium or both that are causing the problems??

Hm, that's a really odd one. Have you checked to see where the object your importing has its origin in the program you're exporting from? It may have the pivot set way off to the side and that's getting carried over in the import. It is really strange that it's putting clay down in the proper place though. Could you share one of the problem objects so we can have a look on our side?

HomeDistiller
Explorer
thanks for the reply. im not sure about the origin, but surely that would effect where the item was placed? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s-qDVzsFy2Mn6ErBv22AD1Mh_4nMAz8z/view?usp=sharing 

HomeDistiller
Explorer
after doing some playing your suggestion was correct. the origin was in the wrong spot.. i think make that a patch request... to make the ghost and stamp location the same.. at least then you can realign the ghost with the tool.. in the mean time i'll have to go trough my entire collection the parts and reset the origin... *sigh*

MattHickman
Rising Star
Yeah, it got bungled a bit when we fixed imports respecting origin, shouldn't have carried over to stamps.

HomeDistiller
Explorer
will it be tweaked soon? i think if will take me days to re center all my stamp lol

Fightdude
Explorer
I was encountering the same issue, and found that importing, then exporting the stamps in Tinkercad fixed the orientation issue, but the ghost is still black. It's gone from impossible to use to just kind of difficult. Yay, progress!

HomeDistiller
Explorer
yeah i got a script for 3ds max to re align the origin. but now you cant bulk import the stamps into medium they are still almost useless.. im not going to import 400+ stamps one by one! they did a good job adding an ok feature (in app importing) and removing one that provides a much more powerful feature

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
We feel your pain @HomeDistiller - please hang tight!