cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Oculus Quest Link 1 PC

xerius2
Explorer
Hello, I would like to know if it is now possible to connect 2 Oculus Quest to a single PC.
To do this I bought this expansion card https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B087G7T234/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
 and my PC is able to make them work.

I cannot launch the Oculus app twice on the PC (it's a shame, moreover ...) and I have not succeeded with VMs.
If this is not possible, will it be taken care of someday?

Thank you for your answers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PITTCANNA
Visionary

xerius2 said:

PITTCANNA said:

2 quests wont work at the same time on one pc.

They can however if your pc is capable enough to run link one at a time.

I want 2 quests at the same time on one pc...

There is absolutely no way that is possible with standard computers.  All vr headsets vive, valve, hp, etc are one to one.  

In order to do 2 on one pc you would have to go to some extremes:
Dual gpu's 1080 or greater
Dual cpus i9 or greater
ability to do virtual workstations
ram like 32 gb

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

PITTCANNA
Visionary

xerius2
Explorer

PITTCANNA said:

PITTCANNA
Visionary

xerius2 said:

PITTCANNA said:

There is absolutely no way that is possible with standard computers.  All vr headsets vive, valve, hp, etc are one to one.  

In order to do 2 on one pc you would have to go to some extremes:
Dual gpu's 1080 or greater
Dual cpus i9 or greater
ability to do virtual workstations
ram like 32 gb

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
I can’t even imagine trying to make my computer process two none VR games at once. No chance. 

Any computer that could run two VR sets at once would effectively just be two good gaming computers in one. 

xerius2
Explorer
I have an RTX 2060 SUPER and a Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM (I can increase) I don't think this is the most powerful, but it should be enough)

My problem here is not hardware but software...

PITTCANNA
Visionary

xerius2 said:

I have an RTX 2060 SUPER and a Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM (I can increase) I don't think this is the most powerful, but it should be enough)

My problem here is not hardware but software...

It is 100% LIMITED by hardware. that combination can't even max out quest 2 capability.

xerius2
Explorer
I have 2 Quest first generation
I can max all current games without any problem, VR or not

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
It's not possible with your computer.  If this were a standard PC VR headset I could see, theoretically at least, being able to do it through things like virtual machines, server class motherboards and dual video cards paired with basically the fastest CPU you could buy.

The big problem comes with the overhead needed for the quest headsets.  Not only are you processing graphics and running the games, which is taxing to begin with since you have to render everything twice, but the computer also has to deal with the encoding overhead needed to get all of that video and input data to the headset through a single cable.  That taxes both the CPU and the GPU and is the reason using oculus link is more demanding than a standard PC VR headset.

So the short answer: no.  The long answer: maybe, if you want to spend the same amount of money on a computer that you would spend on a new, fully loaded mid sized sedan.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

ohgrant
Superstar
 I've knowingly chased my tail and spent more than I should on crazier notions. Not just CPU and GPU limitations, I can imagine USB bandwidth being an issue. Does the Oculus PC software even support two devices at the same time? I don't think so. 

If you're looking for validation by someone posting, yeah I do this all the time. I don't think that's going to happen. You may be the first. Good luck, let us know how it works out.  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.