cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 head sets, one facebook account

Stealer
Honored Guest
Hi all,
Enjoying my new quest 2, in fact so much I bought another one for the family to use. So my question is if I sign in with the same facebook login i used for my first quest 2 can i download the same games i have already installed on my orginal quest 2 without buying them again.  If I understand this correctly then i think the answer to this would be yes. So if that is corrct and i have 2 headsets using my same facebook profile would i be able to play multiplayer games with my family if we are logged into the same facebook profile with both headsets. Hope I explained this clearly, thanks for any insight
4 REPLIES 4

kojack
MVP
MVP
Two headsets on one account is fine. You can download all the same games onto them, since games are tied to accounts, not headsets. Single player games don't care.
However... multiplayer together isn't going to work for the most part. A few games do allow this (Half+Half, Rec Room, etc), but most won't like 2 logins from the same account at the same time.

So to do multiplayer between the headsets, you'll most likely need two accounts. Now that has some issues:
- One person can't have two facebook accounts, it's against the rules and both can be banned. So it needs to be someone else's facebook account.
- There is no way to log in/out of a Quest 2, you have to factory reset the headset (wipe everything and set it up again) to change accounts. Facebook have been promising an alternative since before the Quest 2 came out, no sign of it so far.
- Accounts can't share any games, so you need to buy everything twice.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Stealer
Honored Guest
Thx for the reply,
So if I understand you correctly...
On one hand I can use the same facebook account for the 2nd quest2 and be able to download the same games i have already bought on my orginal quest2.
But on the other hand if I do that I may not be able to play multiplayer games with my family as both headsets will be logged on with my facebook account.
Do I have that right? 

csquared51317
Explorer
We have 2 Oculus Quest headsets on the same account and all of our games work across both headsets but game saves are local. The following games have been confirmed to work multiplayer using the same account and only a single copy of the game:

Blaston
Space Team
Elven Assassin
Racket NX
Arizona Sunshine

I know for sure these games do not work multiplayer with the same account/same purchased game across 2 headsets:

Beat Saber
Echo VR

kojack
MVP
MVP

Stealer said:

Thx for the reply,
So if I understand you correctly...
On one hand I can use the same facebook account for the 2nd quest2 and be able to download the same games i have already bought on my orginal quest2.
But on the other hand if I do that I may not be able to play multiplayer games with my family as both headsets will be logged on with my facebook account.
Do I have that right? 

Yep, spot on.

Hopefully once the Facebook temporary account thing (whatever they are calling it) comes out, this will be fixed. We're hoping it will mean you can have a person temporarily log on with their own Facebook account to use the Quest, without changing the primary account that bought the games. Like consoles do. Then maybe multiplayer will work (if one headset logs on to a secondary account). But we still don't know.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2