cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 photos have black vertical line

pqueroc
Level 2

Hi Community, 

This is my firs time posting in the forum so apologies in advance if I am not doing it properly!

I am creating 360 photos using my mirrorless camera and stitching the photos on my PC. I export the photo with a 2:1 ratio, 5400x2700 pixels (quest 2 max resolution is 5408x2736). I then upload it to the pictures folder and access it from the TV app-> my media. Then I use 360 projection.

The result is not too bad, however seems like the TV app doesn't fully close the 360 projection and leaves a vertical line of black pixels. This happens to all the photos I am creating. I have tried different pixel ratios and always the same problem. Do you have any recommendations to solve this? 

Thanks in advance!

Pablo

5 REPLIES 5

PaulR_in_VR
Level 3

Same here, another forum message says this is a firmware bug that was introduced a couple versions ago. Before that it apparently worked fine. Not sure how to report a bug or whether anyone from Oculus reads these messages. It is a real pity. Apart from the black line images look great.   

If you use the free DeoVR you can see JPG images. (Not PNG) Pole issues are also gone. 

zrichz
Level 2

same here on quest 2. seems a firmware/ scaling issue which obvs. needs correcting by Oculus

mysimpia
Level 3

Sorry I'm not answering to the question. As a true novice in this VR world, if I want to do the same thing; taking 360 picture and projected on Oculus quest 2, what kind of camera and software do I need ? I want to take beautiful scenery picture and viewed on VR headset. Any tips and point to document will be appreciated.

Thanks,

rog737
Level 2

I am begining to wonder if this will ever be fixed.

Its a fairly fundemental thing for a VR headset to be able to display 360 degree photos but the Quest 2 can no longer do this. My Oculus GO can do it fine, but obviously with limited resolution.

Unfortunately DeoVR crashes with higher resolution larger images so the jpg has to be downscaled to a lower resolution.

Can anyone suggest any other alternative Apps for what should be built in functionality on the headset?