cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 GB or 128 GB ???

saskeeeeee
Level 2
I am still deciding which to buy whether be it the 64 gb or the 128 gb but im still in dilemma. I wanted to know if you are going to play a game and its connected to your PC via the oculus link, do you still need a big GB memory for the oculus headset ? or the memory of your PC will be the one being used since its connected to your oculus. I have a 2 TB PC so I am thinking of choosing the 64 gb oculus quest that is if my PCs memory will be used for the games /downloaded games and keep it connected to oculus link while playing and only download chosen games to my quest headset. 
9 REPLIES 9

TomCgcmfc
Level 15
You do not need any extra Quest internal storage to play PCVR games with Link or wireless with Virtual Desktop.  These games are only stored on your PC.  The only games that are stored on your Quest are Oculus Quest Store games and ones you may have sideloaded from external sources like from SideQuest.  Unless you intend to store movies to use while travelling I think 64Gb is plenty.  I've got about 12 Quest Store games loaded and I still am only using about 1/2 of my 64Gb capacity.  Pretty easy to uninstall and reinstall games later if you need to imho.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Xeyh
Level 3
Personnally I choose the 64 GB version and my choice be confirm by a French Youtuber (ETR VR)

His point is : 
  • OS take 14 GB (at the moment of his video, maybe more now, I don't check)
  • Still 50 GB free.
On his top 10 games
  • Average at 1 GB by Game (same, at the moment of his video). 
With a fast calcul --> 50 GB = 50 games at the same time and for me is enough 🙂

I'm new on Oculus, I got mine last 2 week, I'm not so experimented but if games take 2 GB ... 25 games at the same times, is still enough.

But he said "128 GB is ok if you want watch film on your oculus quest, cause it take a lot of space or if you want to keep all your game without clean".

Sorry for my English, like the Youtuber, I'm French too 🙂

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I have about 58 games and apps installed on my 128 GB Quest, and it is just over half full. 

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The main reason I opted for the 128 was so I could put some movies on it for long flights and holidays away, that didn't turn out too well!

Still good to have them when away from home.. and at around 10GB per bluray rip, it adds up pretty quick. Netflix is a good substitute though if you don't want to do that.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.1706)

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

The main reason I opted for the 128 was so I could put some movies on it for long flights and holidays away, that didn't turn out too well!

Still good to have them when away from home.. and at around 10GB per bluray rip, it adds up pretty quick. Netflix is a good substitute though if you don't want to do that.

I agree, so is Amazon Prime, luv it!
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

TomCgcmfc said:

I agree, so is Amazon Prime, luv it!

I get a week's worth of Prime maybe once every 7 or 8 weeks when I've ordered something on Amazon and need it delivered quick, the free postage makes it good value with the week trial offer. Just a pain to unsubscribe when they ask you to confirm about 5 times!!! I try to binge the good shows when I have it, Piccard and Good Omens most recently.... very good.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.1706)

Anonymous
Not applicable
64 is fine. I have a crap load of games on mine. You will find that there are games you will play and then never touch again. You can uninstall those games easily and if you decide later that you want to try it out again, you can just download it again. I have had mine for a year and bought a LOT of games. I have not once wished I had spent more and got the 128

Pixie40
Level 10
I got the 128 gig model, but then again I fully expect to end up with a lot of games over time. That, and I've noticed on my consoles, tablets, and phone that they tend to slow down when the HD is almost full.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Umpa_PC
Level 8
I went with 128GB because you can never add anymore.  Uninstalling and reinstalling is a slow painful process.  That's my take on it anyway.  I have already forgotten the burn of paying more and can relax knowing that I have the top spec.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.