cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem of overheating

hansmecy
Protege
Does Quest2 have the same problem of overheating like GO? I have got the trouble from GO for along time and do not know how to resolve it. 
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another with overheating issue. Fingers crossed is just software..

TheNerdCorner
Explorer
Its been a little over 2 weeks since I reported/created a ticket for the overheating headset and Oculus gets back to me and says:

As I looked upon the previous details, I would like you to try
to Factory Reset the device and check if you still receiving the same message
or not? Follow the steps given here to Factory Reset the device: 

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

Open the Oculus app on your phone.

Tap Settings in the bottom menu.

Tap the headset connected to your phone.

Tap More Settings.

Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

If you still have the same
issue after Factory Reset please reach back out to me with the following
information and I will look into this for you. 

1. Do you hear any Fan noise or any other noise from the device?

2. Do you feel any difference in temperature on the device or not? Do you think
there is any temperature increasing or not?  If yes, please provide
approximately room temperature and approximately device temperature. 

Note: At any point if you feel its not safe to use the device please stop using
the device immediately and provide as much details as you can from above. 

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

So that's where I'm at currently, they want ME to determine if the device is safe and if not, to stop using it ( after performing a factory reset)..... That's what I initially did when I got the notifications about the overheating from the headset itself, Wouldn't that be the first hint that its not safe?, the actual device saying IM HOT.. Remember this device was 3 days Old when this started, and on the 3rd day is when I was able to use it for the first time.

I will post another update once I hear back from them again, hopefully it wont take as long as the last time.

TheNerdCorner
Explorer

blucmal said:

Another with overheating issue. Fingers crossed is just software..

If it is, they are not acknowledging a software issue at this time, it seems they are leaving it in the hands of the owners to test and determine the issue and safety of the device. To be honest when I reported this I almost expected them to replace it. With this having a lithium battery this close to your face and getting over heating messages, it makes me a bit worried to carry out their testing. :worried:

TheNerdCorner
Explorer

l6ogb1gb8hxr.jpg
this is the exact System Alert I Get after 30 mins 50 mins of use and started happening a couple weeks ago. had to get the picture from another source because i never thought of taking a picture of it but this is the exact same message

I got that Same message today, and my Quest 2 is only 2 days old, it was after 15 Minutes playing Asgards Wrath.. waiting for support to resolve now.

So it seems that support makes you wait a month to then have you factory reset the headset, they have offered NO other solutions, I recommend that if this happens to anyone within the return window of either Oculus or other retailer that it was purchased from to exchange it, because Oculus does not seem to see the overheating warning as a safety concern, because if not they would not have told me to continue using it.

RigoSalinas
Honored Guest
Hi, I am getting the same message about overheating.  I just opened a ticket so we will see how it goes.  I bought the unit a day after Christmas so I am guessing it is out of warranty at the store.  Question, if I do a factory reset, would I lose all the games?

VyleR
Protege
IfRigoSalinas said:

Hi, I am getting the same message about overheating.  I just opened a ticket so we will see how it goes.  I bought the unit a day after Christmas so I am guessing it is out of warranty at the store.  Question, if I do a factory reset, would I lose all the games?

If you choose to factory reset all data stored on the device will be deleted. You can always redownload content from your library. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
My oculus 2 screen just randomly shuts off when using the link cable. No warning of any kind. Just bought the cable too last week. Ports are good, connection is a solid 1.4Gbs, and I even use the velcro straps to hold the connector on the headset. Even took some extra straps and kept the cable coiled as it was packed. Game continues to play and I hear the audio no problem, hell the headset still tracks in game from what can been seen on the mirror window on my screen.
All settings are automatically applied through both the headset and the game. The headset does become warm with use but there is no overheating warning either.

Elite Dangerous on windows 10 HP laptop with Nvidia GTX 1650
IntelCore 5 9thGen 4.0Ghz
32G Ram
27uf3jlf67cz.png

aguy10
Heroic Explorer

If it's overheating you should be able to hear the fan with your ear close to the device. If there's no fan noise then the fan is malfunctioning. 

Edit: that was not the best reply. I just realized of course the software can still be malfunctioning and giving a false heat reading.

I went on youtube and searched it up and I found a video of someone who had the same error and what they did is they put it in the freezer but I don't really know how long.