cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Driver 20.11.2 and Quest Link issues fixed!

ehjort1981
Protege
I hope this helps others, as I had a hell of a time finding the solution.  Here is my fix that I stumbled upon by Google searching.  If you have an AMD graphics card, and as of late you have the link cable and get issues connecting.  ITS THE NEW GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER UPDATE 20.11.2.  Rollback\reinstall what appears to be any other driver.  I went as far back as 20.09.1, but 20.10.1 worked for my AMD Radeon RX580.

Also Virtual Desktop and streaming VR does work, and you can use any graphics driver.  Even the new broken one.

This should be a PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Spread the word, so this can get fixed!  And Cheers to the original poster on some random Reddit!
17 REPLIES 17

MightyP1208
Honored Guest
you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I rolled back to 20.09.1 with DDU and link connected right away with no stop working errors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ehjort1981
Protege
Glad to hear it!

Bazookie
Honored Guest
how do you roll back more than once?

ehjort1981
Protege
Download and use the DDU program.  Then download the version you want to try.  20.10 is working for me.  But also 20.09 worked too.  But, after removing the old drivers, just install the one you want.  You can go back.as far as you need to in theory.  Just Google for the older and drivers.  I downloaded a few, so I have them and could try some to find the one that works best.

Razuel
Explorer

I hope this helps others, as I had a hell of a time finding the solution.  Here is my fix that I stumbled upon by Google searching.  If you have an AMD graphics card, and as of late you have the link cable and get issues connecting.  ITS THE NEW GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER UPDATE 20.11.2.  Rollback\reinstall what appears to be any other driver.  I went as far back as 20.09.1, but 20.10.1 worked for my AMD Radeon RX580.

Also Virtual Desktop and streaming VR does work, and you can use any graphics driver.  Even the new broken one.

This should be a PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Spread the word, so this can get fixed!  And Cheers to the original poster on some random Reddit!

20.11.3 is also bad.

I spent many hours, full system resets figuring this out. I was the one to inform oculus that hey it's the video driver after it worked not immediately updating and then trying the last whql driver from September. Oculus support was fantastic really their response time and commitment was great. Just you'd think bad drivers from amd, particularly whql ones would have gone through some testing at oculus.

MightyP1208
Honored Guest
just to give other older AMD uses an update, if you look in the release notes of the Radeon drivers it says this under known issues *Oculus Link users may experience intermittent crashes on Polaris and Vega series graphics products. i have seen this on the last 3 releases. so they are aware, but are they going to do anything about it... also there are a lot of nvida cars like 2070 supers with a similar issue with the link, buggies everywhere, I'm happy the old drivers have been working since rolling back

phenixphil72
Honored Guest
cool the occulus link works again with radeon 20.9.01 ... thanks

MaestroALF
Explorer
Well done that man. Thanks, followed your advice and used AMD clean up, downloaded v20.9.1 and, hey presto, I'm gaming tonight :). I have an RX590 on a temp basis waiting for an RTX3080 which is on pre-order. AMD need to sort this though. Hopefully latest nVidea drivers will all be ok.

Voltbeat
Honored Guest
Just want to add that I got the same issue since a month or so while at the same time I got the issue that my tv no longer receives a signal from my desktop as second monitor. So I started uninstalling my driver with DDU and tested with installing several previous drivers to see if I could get that signal to my tv back working. I have now the oldest driver installed that I could find and the TV still doesn't work but I tried the oculus link and this is working again.
So even version 20.3.1 works for oculus link.