cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARE MORE THINGS COMING

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe VR can be an amazing experience. Both game wise and education. I bought a rift but returned when I found out about the Quest, Got the Quest on launch day and was disappoint in the amount and variety of games and experiences. Are new things expected in the near future? Or should I take this back and get the Rift?
3 REPLIES 3

ReBornTheFirst
Protege
I'm using the rift for almost 2 years and got the quest on day one. The bump in resolution alone is a big upgrade in comparison. I am using the quest every day since the release and wanted to play beatsaber (won't buy it a second time for a higher price on the quest), so I used the rift. Oh boy, that was a disappointment. The sharpness and low resolution is a thing you notice, if you switch back and forth.
I would stick with the quest. Alvr is in alpha and already doing an amazing job in wireless streaming steam vr games. If they get the latency lower than 20 seconds and the 6dof tracking sorted out, there is no reason to stick to a tethered headset with a low resolution. You could argue that the outside tracking does a better job (which is absolutely right) but in that case, the rift s is also not an option. 

Dreagleg
Protege

festes said:

Are new things expected in the near future? 

It's either:

1. Yes there are new things coming, because the Quest has been out only two weeks.

2. No there are no new things coming; the launch line up will be the only set of games and experiences you'll ever have with the Quest and nothing else will ever come out. 

What do you think? 

StayPuft83
Protege
I could be remembering wrong, but I thought I recalled seeing somewhere that the idea with the Quest would be it will have basically the best of the best. Whereas the Rift and Go both have A LOT of content, a lot of it can be more experimental, lesser quality, made by lesser known developers. So, a lot of it can be very hit or miss. There's a lot of great stuff, sure, but it's not as tested/proven.

I'd heard the idea with the Quest was for it to really be the cream of the crop, so to speak. So, if that were true, I'd imagine we wouldn't get new stuff AS OFTEN as it maybe hits the Rift or the Go.... but I'm sure we will still get new stuff. You can almost think of it like a gaming console. It isn't like there are new games EVERY DAY, but there are generally plenty of new games released each month.