cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally Merged wrong oculus account to facebook account, need to merge in correct account

starkca3
Explorer
Title pretty much says it...my partner accidentally merged in the wrong oculus account to her facebook account and now we dont have any of her purchases on the app...tried just merging in the correct account but apparently that isnt allowed. Also cant unmerge, or simply login to the quest 2 with the old account (facebook account is required)....

Any ideas? I can't find where to contact facebook/oculus about unmerging so we can remerge the correct account...
29 REPLIES 29

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there, please reach out to Oculus Support by clicking here so we can look into this with you. Please make sure to include your device's serial number, and we'll be in touch with you as soon as possible. Thanks! -Kassidy
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

starkca3
Explorer
Still waiting 😞

JohnPLeon
Honored Guest
any update on this yet?

starkca3
Explorer
nope, I have a separate support case open with oculus...been a few days now...

taviasdad
Honored Guest
I'm pretty sure this exact thing had happened to me also. I don't know what to do or who to talk to or how to even start to find out how to reach them. I'm extremely aggravated and would just like this issue resolved. Who do I speak with?!

Jfpl
Explorer
Go to Oculus support and you can have a live chat with them but i have done this a few times whilst trying to get this matter solved and after a few hours wasted giving over emails and serial numbers is always ended with they will have to look into this matter further and hopefully get back to me with in 72-96 hours 3 to 4 days,i openened a ticket on Tuesday and I’m still waiting.If i dont hear anything soon I’m just going to return it for a refund. Its crazy that they haven’t sorted it out yet and a very bad reflection on the company. Lots of people are getting very dissatisfied buy this whole shambles you can look it up on social media.

starkca3
Explorer
Still waiting oculus support! Ticket number: 1615753

starkca3
Explorer

JohnPLeon said:

any update on this yet?

Nope still waiting...

phishstik
Honored Guest
Is there not a way to open our Facebook accounts and see any Oculus devices tied to it, and remove any? What if we sell the Oculus device down the road? This is ridiculous. My son wanted to play multiplayer so I finally tried linking my good old Oculus account to my Facebook account. It has an error saying my Facebook account is already merged with an Oculus device, that's news to me! Cant see anything about Oculus on my Facebook account. Support doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about.