cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After connecting Quest via USB to PC, PC monitors are flickering/ghosting

CrazyMaik
Honored Guest
I just connected my new Oculus Quest to my PC for development and suddenly after a couple of minutes both my PC monitors started ghosting and flickering. Even after disconnecting and turning everything off and on again both PC monitors are still ghosting/flickering. Anyone else had similar experiences? Is there a good way to fix this?
3 REPLIES 3

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Oh, I never heard of this. Your monitors are still flickering even rebooting your machine? Did you use a special programm to access your Quest or is it just while connecting it to your USB port?
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange that the usb would affect the hdmi connection. Sounds like a motherboard issue...maybe reinstall drivers for both motherboard and GPU(?). I would have suggested maybe a cable connection became loose along the way, but you said you disconnected then reconnected everything, so that doesn't sound like it.

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
As others have said, it is extremely odd. It probably would be so strange if it was an Oculus Rift, but the Quest is simply acting like an external hard drive, plugged into the usb socket. It shouldn’t affect your displays at all. As Spuzzum has said, it sounds like a loose connection to me, unrelated to the Quest.