cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update oculus link not working

deathrament
Honored Guest
Says a quest software update is required for oculus link beta. Install the update from the about section of your setting in your headset.
But in my headset there is no update showing. I opted out of the public test channel but that did nothing.
49 REPLIES 49

Triangled
Honored Guest
Thanks for the advice in this thread, folks. After 13.0 software update, Oculus Link is no longer recognized by my PC. I am NOT opted into the PTC. The software did not roll back. I tried "repairing" the software via the installer. This re-downloaded the 7 gigbyte app. Still no luck.

When I plug in my headset, it "connects," but when I put on the headset and click on the "Use Oculus Link with PC" button within the headset app, the PC software displays a red banner and says, "Your Oculus Software requires and update. Update Now" When I click on the Update Now text, nothing happens. The only change is that I'm taken to the tab that shows all my recent updates. No new software seems to be available on the PC end, but Link seems to require it to run.

Huge bummer! No more PC VR via Quest until this is fixed, I guess. Anyone have any more suggestions? Feel like I've tried everything.

op_loli
Honored Guest

Triangled said:

Thanks for the advice in this thread, folks. After 13.0 software update, Oculus Link is no longer recognized by my PC. I am NOT opted into the PTC. The software did not roll back. I tried "repairing" the software via the installer. This re-downloaded the 7 gigbyte app. Still no luck.

When I plug in my headset, it "connects," but when I put on the headset and click on the "Use Oculus Link with PC" button within the headset app, the PC software displays a red banner and says, "Your Oculus Software requires and update. Update Now" When I click on the Update Now text, nothing happens. The only change is that I'm taken to the tab that shows all my recent updates. No new software seems to be available on the PC end, but Link seems to require it to run.

Huge bummer! No more PC VR via Quest until this is fixed, I guess. Anyone have any more suggestions? Feel like I've tried everything.

Same problem

Apehjerne
Protege
Exactly the same issue here. Been in ongoing contact with support, but no resolve.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a similar issue. It won't work after the update. I have 13.0 on the quest, I tried both opting in and out of the PTC on the PC but neither worked. I was able to get the connect to link message after opting in but it would just give me a black screen every time and then it would stop working.

Apehjerne
Protege
@erasmushurt It look like many of us are experiencing the exact same "symptoms" regarding this issue, even down to the in-out of PTC and the black screen.
Anyway - I have been in contact with support since yesterday, and if they actually manage to help me resolve this at some point I will get back to you here and explain what I did to make Link work again.

Should_be_Blue
Explorer
Same here too. PC is delayed for V13 and PTC V14 also does not work.Oculus said in their release notes V14 PTC will work with Quest V13 and Oculus Link....but thats not true. Support also said, PTC V14 will work for the most users...i dont think so. Advice from Support: Uninstall my Security (Antivirus + Firewall) and leave PC defenceless to get maybe V13 for PC. Seriously??!

I enrolled to PTC and got V14. I have un-enrolled PTC and i got back V12. I have deinstalled Oculus Software and installed with new downloaded install file...and i bet you know it....i got V12 again.

The main issue is, the oculus Devs messed up again. Why it´s still not possible to roll out updates nearly at the same time? Or even made an rollback option for Quest? I know its beta and there ARE issues, but so many people using Quest just because Link option. So many people also bought the high price Link Cable. And Oculus Devs knowing, Ocululs Link will not work, as long they not rolling out Quest and PC software nearly at the same time.

And it´s not the first time they cause this trouble and chaos. On V12 for example i got it first on PC and Quest was delayed like hell. Result the same: Oculus Link stopped working. I dont mind if  in beta are issues like stuttering and something like that. But i mind that´s always not working because of really bad decisions of the Devs. Which surely could avoid.

All what Oculus can advice is to leave PC defenceless or be patient for maybe 1-2 weeks to got V13 anyways. Come on Oculus!

MrBMT
Expert Protege
If Link previously worked for you and you're using v13 Quest software and the v14 PTC PC software, give this a try, it fixed it for me.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable

Should_be_Blue
Explorer

MrBMT said:

If Link previously worked for you and you're using v13 Quest software and the v14 PTC PC software, give this a try, it fixed it for me.

I gave it i tried 2 times...as i mentioned: PTC V14 also does not working. With PTC V14 i can activate Oculus Link, but it stopped working immediately.

MrBMT
Expert Protege

MrBMT said:

I gave it i tried 2 times...as i mentioned: PTC V14 also does not working. With PTC V14 i can activate Oculus Link, but it stopped working immediately.

You didn't mention anything about changing the Encode Resolution Width through Oculus Debug tool, so I'm not sure where you "mentioned" it?
Either way, if you get kicked back to the Oculus Home screen a few seconds after activating link, as I mentioned in my post that's a different issue.
This would only help if you already had Link working properly all the time before the update; based on your post history, it seems you did not.
Being kicked back to the Quest Home screen is generally a sign of a dodgy cable, or not enough power being sent through the cable. If you're using a USB A to USB C cable, you might want to consider connecting it to an active extension cable which you plug in to an external power supply, or connecting it to a powered USB 3.0 or higher hub.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable

Apehjerne
Protege
Being kicked back to the Quest Home screen is generally a sign of a dodgy cable, or not enough power being sent through the cable.

I am experiencing the same issue as seemingly everyone else here, including the black screen and being sent back to the Quest Home screen. Don't know about others, but I am using the Anker USB C - USB 3.1 cable. Nothing dodgy about that (even charging the Quest while in use, which is unexpected), and it worked perfectly until the update.