cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update oculus link not working

deathrament
Honored Guest
Says a quest software update is required for oculus link beta. Install the update from the about section of your setting in your headset.
But in my headset there is no update showing. I opted out of the public test channel but that did nothing.
49 REPLIES 49

TheTonaZ
Expert Protege
now it works for me, but i have no audio mirrored on the default pc speakers....

timothyboss
Explorer
 Google this > Oculus Link Fix for v14 PTC - v13 Quest < choose the first search that matches what you googled and do exactly what it says.

I had to rename my mic and headset literally with the quotes like you will see by following the above and also in the Oculus Debug Tool had to have the "Encode resolution width" at or less than 2784. Each time I ran the Encode Resolution Width too high I would not be able to use the Oculus Link as I would be stuck with 3 dots. The pixel per display override is 0, but I eventually brought that up to 1.2 as usual.

My headset now works. 

Summary: 
Be sure to go to the desktop oculus app> settings > beta > enable PTC.  Download the update required....  Follow the changes needed in the search you will follow from the google search (Oculus Link Fix for v14 PTC - v13 Quest).  Reset  your PC and Headset then you should be good to go.  I now have it working.  

JUMAROH
Honored Guest
pero que mierda hacen estos ingenieros de Oculus 😞 no teneis verguenza, se actualiza el oculus quest a v13 y el home a v12 y ahora el Link no funciona 😞

timothyboss
Explorer

JUMAROH said:

pero que mierda hacen estos ingenieros de Oculus 😞 no teneis verguenza, se actualiza el oculus quest a v13 y el home a v12 y ahora el Link no funciona 😞

I dont speak spanish but that is not a link, you have to search it in google and the top result that matches is what you will need to follow.  I am not yet able to post links.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had similar issues and after several restarts and trying to update, it finally worked (not in PTC).

Aleekz
Honored Guest

BuckR72 said:

So, this issue remains. After several hours with Support it boils down to this; the latest Oculus Quest firmware is v13. The PC software is on 12 and the Public Chanel PC version is on 14. Apparently the PC Version 13 is being rolled out but it is not available in all territories just yet, but it will be ‘soon’. So, unless both PC and OQ are on the same version number, the Oculus Quest using Oculus Link will not work...for now! I reinstalled the PC software, changed USB port power settings and a few other things for nothing, so save yourself the time and just watch the version numbers!!

This is ridiculous, i just paied 109$ CAD for a oculus link ankler cable and i can not even use it... What are these devs even doing? If the product does not work do not put it for sale. I can not believe how terrible the service is with Oculus. Every time i want to use my 500$ system i have to trouble shoot for hours just to find out it doesn't even work.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Aleekz said:

BuckR72 said:

So, this issue remains. After several hours with Support it boils down to this; the latest Oculus Quest firmware is v13. The PC software is on 12 and the Public Chanel PC version is on 14. Apparently the PC Version 13 is being rolled out but it is not available in all territories just yet, but it will be ‘soon’. So, unless both PC and OQ are on the same version number, the Oculus Quest using Oculus Link will not work...for now! I reinstalled the PC software, changed USB port power settings and a few other things for nothing, so save yourself the time and just watch the version numbers!!

This is ridiculous, i just paied 109$ CAD for a oculus link ankler cable and i can not even use it... What are these devs even doing? If the product does not work do not put it for sale. I can not believe how terrible the service is with Oculus. Every time i want to use my 500$ system i have to trouble shoot for hours just to find out it doesn't even work.

Oculus Link is a free update in beta.  You don't need to buy their cable, and its not guaranteed to even work. 

These devs are working hard to make your Quest better than ever.  If you wanted a PCVR you should have bought the RiftS, as you know the Quest is a wireless HMD for people that don't want to connect it to a high cost VR computer.

The very fact you can - and its a 'free' upgrade seems to be lost on you.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

enigma01
Trustee

Aleekz said:
This is ridiculous, i just paied 109$ CAD for a oculus link ankler cable and i can not even use it

What’s an ‘oculus link ankler’ cable? Do you mean you actually bought the Anker Oculus recommended cable, or the Official Oculus cable, it’s not actually made by Anker ‘ankler’? If you paid 109$ for an Anker cable then you’ve been way overcharged! 

ThatOtherVRGuy
Protege
It's March 2. I have the official Oculus Link cable, my Quest says it's at version 13 something, and there are NO SOFTWARE UPDATES AVAILABLE even though my Oculus App (PC) tells me to update it. I have the same symptoms as everyone above: I can 'enable' Link, I see a button for 'enable link' on the home menu, but clicking it flashes to blackness for a second then back to Quest home. Factory Reset of Quest gonna help?

MadCat0911
Honored Guest

It's March 2. I have the official Oculus Link cable, my Quest says it's at version 13 something, and there are NO SOFTWARE UPDATES AVAILABLE even though my Oculus App (PC) tells me to update it. I have the same symptoms as everyone above: I can 'enable' Link, I see a button for 'enable link' on the home menu, but clicking it flashes to blackness for a second then back to Quest home. Factory Reset of Quest gonna help?

I'm in that same boat now, did you ever figure this out?