cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air link suddenly has dropped in performance

nexus_neko
Honored Guest

I've had plenty of sessions where I am able to run my games at a smooth 80 hz with above recommended resolutions, so I know its not my system. I've run numerous performance tests using the oculus and steam live performance graphs, and what's weird is that the graphs show near perfect performance, but resolutions or muddy and frame rates are choppy 24/7.  I've updated my drivers, re-installed the oculus PC app, and lowered my oculus app resolution to the recommended value. 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @nexus_neko! Seems like you've done a handful of things, let us give you a hand! You can use our public test channel and use that thread to post any issues you may be having. When doing so we would advise to send a bug report along with it, bug reports help improve our products and software. 

Here are the steps on how to submit one on your headset:

1. Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Report a Problem.
  4. Follow the instructions to submit your bug report.

You can also reach out to our support team and send them your logs, if you're interested in doing so, here are the steps on how to:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
* The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

We hope these steps are able to help! If not, our support team will be able to assist you as well, as they have more tools to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!