cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirLink Doesn'T Work After Latest Oculus Update

DrGNOLA
Protege

Upon first arrival, Airlink worked wonderfully for me and suddenly after the latest Oculus software update it has horrible stuttering (so bad the controllers can barely reigster) and an odd black frame that seems to be flickering and the Oculus homepage window just won't stand still. I haven't made any changes and have all Oculus Device/Graphics settings dialed down to Automatic, standard res and supersample, etc... My internet connection is the same @ 5GHz etc so [again] I'm at a loss for why it's always one step forward, two steps back for this company. Its doubly sad as I've posted here of how the Q2 was finally living up to its promise a true pcvr alternative with a solid Airlink. Oh well, back to Virtual Desktop, but if anyone has experienced a similar problem recently, I'd love to hear about it. Truly bummed out about being tripped up by the latest update...yet again: (

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-----You must set the Encoding Bitrate to "0" with the Oculus Debug Tool
-----(Program Files\Oculus\support\oculus-diagnostics)

This solved it for me; thanks for your attention!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

You are describing exactly the same behaviour I notice since V30. I also got much more troubles with my WiFi. Dropping connection sometimes, low bandwidth sporadically .... There must be some changes they have done within the latest firmware 😔

Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Thanks for the reply, and sorry to hear it, of course. Misery loves company, I guess! I haven't been able to solve it, but even Virtual Desktop doesn't seem to work as well anymore so it may be an internet lagging issue (for all I know). I thought it might be an NVidia driver issue. Either way, any other comments from fellow sufferers are welcome! : (

abdusamed
Protege

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Oculus-Link-Cable-connection-Restarts-Oculus... does your log look as this in this thread>:

Ryzen 5 1600 5700XT 32gigs

No, not really. I can connect but the image is very very jittery and can't figure out what is slowing me down all.of a sudden. Slowdown and lag is so bad I can barely use the controllers to exit Oculus. 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, the team is trying to dig further into this and would love to get some extra details. If you're seeing any of this trouble, can you please follow the steps here to gather logs. Then please create a support ticket with those logs and note for us what type of router and wireless mess/access points you might have? Please note in that ticket where in VR you noticed this performance issue coming up as well.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

-----You must set the Encoding Bitrate to "0" with the Oculus Debug Tool
-----(Program Files\Oculus\support\oculus-diagnostics)

This solved it for me; thanks for your attention!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue as of the latest update.

In my case at least, setting the 'Encode Dynamic Bitrate' option to 'disabled' in the Oculus Debug Tool has my air link connection working buttery smooth again.

This worked for me...air link and Oculus link would both crash immediately.  Disabling encode dynamic bitrate via the debug tool brought the system back to life.  

Thanks!