cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airlink/Virtual desktop lag and stutter quest 2

First off, my specs: i7 7700k, gtx 1080, 16GB RAM, and ssd. Using a wifi 6 router on a dedicated 5 Ghz band. 

Edit: I am using a cat6 Ethernet cable from PC to router.

I have had issues with steam vr and oculus pcvr. Both lag and stutter, no matter low or high settings, in every game I try. My encode in the ott is set to 0 already, I have put the resolution slider all the way to the lowest, as well as made sure my steam resolution was at just 100%. I have also tried changing my audio device, and turning asw on and off to try and smooth things out. Nothing works.

I am disappointed that meta would even try and release more hardware without having software that works for people above minimum specs. Multiple knowledgeable people on this forum have sold their equipment due to these issues, yet these issues still persist.

The only pcvr game I have that is even somewhat tolerable, without noticable stutter(it still shows red spikes on the steam vr graph) is Skyrim VR. Contractors VR, Bone works, Blade and Sorcery, Half Life: Alyx, and literally 20 other games and demos all run like trash with frame time spikes every 5-10 seconds or everytime I move side to side while close to objects. 

12 REPLIES 12

OK - GOT IT - Thanks for your help

Roky360
Protege

Hey there,

I had the frame skip issue for around 13 months would you mind trying something for me.

Go to Settings/Graphic Settings/ on browse add in these 4.exe files

OVRRedir

OVRServer_64x

OVRServiceLauncher

OculusClient

Set the 4 files above via Settings/Graphic Settings/Browse

Now add all 4.exe files from the Oculus folder, you will have to find these in there.

In folders Program Files/oculus-client - OculusClient.exe

Program Files/oculus-runtime -

OVRRedir

OVRServer_x64

OVRServiceLauncher

Once added in graphic settings manualy go to options and set graphic preferences to

High Performance

GPU: Nvidia RTX ****

Save

As shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDuZMPV3GHQ&t=351s

Also now you can head to the settings in SteamVR and open advanced settings tab/developer i believe and set runtime to Oculus.

Give that a try and let me know how that goes.

Also in display drop down to 1080p and 60hz

Could you let me know if that helped.

I had a RTX3080 and a different rig with a RTX3080ti both stuttered until i did this after 13 months of trying to figure what the issue was.

Thanks

Sam022111
Protege

I have fixed my problem by updating the graphics drivers.