cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alienware M17 R4 RTX 3070

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, just purchased a Alienware M17 R4 RTX 3070 16G ram Laptop. Laptop will arrive tomorrow. Does anyone know if I will have any issues playing my Quest 2 ? And If so, can anyone please tell me what issues and how to prepare?? Don't want any Micro stutters I keep hearing about or any issues.  Thank you 🙂 

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Should work well.  I have a much older Alienware 17r4 (i7 7700hq, gtx1060 6Gb, 32Gb ram) and it works surprisingly well with Link.  To avoid problems start off with Oculus recommended Refresh/Res settings on your Oculus desktop app device/Q2/Quality.  Also, do as much Google research and watch a few YT vids.  Good luck and Cheers mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but still stutters ... I guess I'm done vr.. time to return my laptop ...

@Anonymous  Ya, maybe just give up the idea of a 'good vr-ready gaming laptop' and get a better Desktop gaming pc imho.  That's what I eventually did btw.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a beast Desktop rig. RTX 3070 

Still had micro stutters, Link cable,Air link and VD. Tried 3 different  cables, and 2 different Quest 2 .. and now laptop that had the same stutters pop VR is a joke!! At least with quest 2

@Anonymous  If you cannot sort this all out yourself  or with help from Oculus Support then you should definitely give PCVR a miss with that laptop for now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol take the time to sort what out??¿¿  you mean take the time to try and make a RTX 3070 work with quest 2 ?? That Cleary is not compatible... lol your a joke, just like anyone that says they are able to play VR games like Boneworks on a quest 2 with no micro stutters. Have fun trouble shooting more then actually playing! Lol

Nitereaver
Explorer

I built my gaming PC with an i9 and 3090, works great with the link cable and quest 2. Do not have that much room in my office to do VR, so I picked up a laptop with an 11th gen i7 and the 3070. Oculus says it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Steam VR says its maxed on VR ability. Half-life Alyx plays great, but as soon as you go into link mode oculus software pops up that annoying message you cant get rid of. Any word if this is going to be updated finally? The mobile 30 series has been out long enough for this to not be an issue. If people are gaming decently on the 20 series laptops, this should be the same or better.