cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alienware M17 R4 RTX 3070

XBloodyWolF
Level 3

Hello all, just purchased a Alienware M17 R4 RTX 3070 16G ram Laptop. Laptop will arrive tomorrow. Does anyone know if I will have any issues playing my Quest 2 ? And If so, can anyone please tell me what issues and how to prepare?? Don't want any Micro stutters I keep hearing about or any issues.  Thank you 🙂 

6 REPLIES 6

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

Should work well.  I have a much older Alienware 17r4 (i7 7700hq, gtx1060 6Gb, 32Gb ram) and it works surprisingly well with Link.  To avoid problems start off with Oculus recommended Refresh/Res settings on your Oculus desktop app device/Q2/Quality.  Also, do as much Google research and watch a few YT vids.  Good luck and Cheers mate.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 750w, Quest 1 w/Link and wireless w/VD, Vive Pro.

Thanks but still stutters ... I guess I'm done vr.. time to return my laptop ...

@XBloodyWolF  Ya, maybe just give up the idea of a 'good vr-ready gaming laptop' and get a better Desktop gaming pc imho.  That's what I eventually did btw.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 750w, Quest 1 w/Link and wireless w/VD, Vive Pro.

Had a beast Desktop rig. RTX 3070 

Still had micro stutters, Link cable,Air link and VD. Tried 3 different  cables, and 2 different Quest 2 .. and now laptop that had the same stutters pop VR is a joke!! At least with quest 2

@XBloodyWolF  If you cannot sort this all out yourself  or with help from Oculus Support then you should definitely give PCVR a miss with that laptop for now. 

Lol take the time to sort what out??¿¿  you mean take the time to try and make a RTX 3070 work with quest 2 ?? That Cleary is not compatible... lol your a joke, just like anyone that says they are able to play VR games like Boneworks on a quest 2 with no micro stutters. Have fun trouble shooting more then actually playing! Lol