cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Access to Data - question about don't show again

Dan_Zen
Explorer
The quest has an Allow Access to Data prompt when you connect to a PC.  It then has a grey Deny and a grey Don't show again and a blue Allow.  I want to always allow the quest to access data.  What will the Don't show again do?  It is a real pain to take off my glasses, put the quest on fiddle with controllers, then take the quest off put the glasses on, etc.  I am concerned, however that because the greys match that if I say Don't show again, then it will not allow data access and never ask me again - unless I reset my quest and lose all my data like has happened before.  I love the Quest - I do!
71 REPLIES 71

DBlaxk
Honored Guest

TPG50 said:

I accidently clicked don't ask again does anyone know how to undo

In your Quest > Settings > Developer > toggle on USB Connection Dialog.

jgill0431
Explorer
FINAL ANSWER:

Okay, so I figured it out, and want to update with all the steps: 

First: if you click "do not show again" you are correct in assuming that no data will be able to be accessed. 

Second: If you do not see developer in settings, you need to do a full power off and back on, restart did NOT work for me, I had to shut down my quest 2.

Okay, but you'r like me and accidnetly clicked "do not show again". That's just fine. follow number two until you see settings/developer on the oculus quest 2 settings. 

Once in there, there is a toggle to allow for the prompt to be asked again. 

Finally, I can not find a way to disable that prompt, and as a real developer, trying to make games for the quest 2, I've never found a process to be more tedious and annoying. Not even google or apple are this ocd about access... seriously, not even APPLE... you hear that facebook, you're worse than apple when it come to access 

That all. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Crazy right? Every goddam time! 

stretchymantis
Honored Guest
A standalone option of "Don't Show Again" without reference to which option it pertains to is super bad design. The button color is the same as the "Don't Show", but it needs to be more explicit. They need to change that to a checkbox so it can apply to either choice.

BakaB
Honored Guest
I mean this is just such a bad design that it makes me want to throw this thing in the bin. At what point would a person want to never transfer files from their pc? The only reason for a "Don't show again" button to exist in this case is so you can transfer files without nagging and having to put the headset on every time. I have had this headset for a few hours and so far... I freaking hate it. So much stupid crap... I mean outside of how freaking brain dead this button is, you have to set your device to developer mode to turn it back on? What sort of moron made the OS, I have never in my life wanted someone fired but I 100% nay 1000% back the firing and banning of ever working in tech again of whoever is responsable for this.

BloodyGoodRevie
Honored Guest

jib said:

If you clicked accidently clicked "do not show again" and now cannot get your Quest 2 to connect to the PC to transfer files, then go to Settings>Developer and recheck the radio button for "USB Connection Dialogue" then it will show again and you can allow connection.

You're a lifesaver!

MrNYQUEST
Honored Guest

jib said:

If you clicked accidently clicked "do not show again" and now cannot get your Quest 2 to connect to the PC to transfer files, then go to Settings>Developer and recheck the radio button for "USB Connection Dialogue" then it will show again and you can allow connection.

You're a lifesaver!

Seriously!!!!!

Miguel_Corvo
Honored Guest

jib said:

Thank you!!!! I thought I lost it forever!

Jameskinno
Honored Guest

jgill0431 said:

Second: If you do not see developer in settings, you need to do a full power off and back on, restart did NOT work for me, I had to shut down my quest 2.

Okay, but you'r like me and accidnetly clicked "do not show again". That's just fine. follow number two until you see settings/developer on the oculus quest 2 settings. 
Once in there, there is a toggle to allow for the prompt to be asked again. 

did this and dident work using same cable i did when i accidentally pressed dont show again and the connection dialog is enabled so idk

Dan_Zen
Explorer
Thank you all for your answers ;-).  I am glad I am not the only one who thought there might be a better way!