cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone who fully deleted their fb account now find that if you try signing in it all comes back on

MarkT25810
Expert Protege
Ok so i fully and properly deleted my facebook account few years ago i downloaded all the pics etc i had put on and it was fully deleted as fb at that time finally allowed people to delete their profiles.

Between then and now i had put in the sign in details to make sure it was deleted....i had heard issues where fb then undone the deletion. and it was still deleted and came up saying there was no account with these details.

I ordered a quest 2 which im getting tomorrow and when i went onto fb to make myself a facebook account the old sign in details were automatically in but this time when i clicked to make sure as i have done before that it was deleted before i made a new one...my old profile from few years ago came back fully as normal 😕

surely they can not undo a deletion like this lol
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should have deleted .. I always understood you had 30 days to confirm or cancel. Did you do that ?
If not Delete again .. Also are you now using the same Email ?
That's what FB accounts really synchronise with. Different Email No problem for sure.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Nothing stored on a drive is ever truly deleted, unless you physically destroy that drive.

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

Zenbane said:

Nothing stored on a drive is ever truly deleted, unless you physically destroy that drive.

we know this, its more the fact that fb decided to make it like it was just deactivated therefore signing back in with my email brought the old account back up when previously it was deleted and gone

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Were all your pictures and posts still saved? That seems unlikely. I once deleted an old Facebook account, then logged in to it years later. The account re-activated, but every single photo I had ever uploaded was gone. In my case, I had lost the original copy of those photos. So I was logging in to that old deleted FB Account hoping to download them. But alas, Facebook deleted them.

With FB, to "delete" an account doesn't remove the account in its entirety. Instead, it deletes most of what you ever posted (comments, etc) and all of the media you uploaded.

Whereas, to "deactivate" will save all your data but take your account offline.

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

It should have deleted .. I always understood you had 30 days to confirm or cancel. Did you do that ?
If not Delete again .. Also are you now using the same Email ?
That's what FB accounts really synchronise with. Different Email No problem for sure.

yeh this was back in 2018 i did this i had multiple times checked from then till maybe month ago and tried to sign in and it says no account...with me deleting it. But today it signed back in so fb has clearly altered deletion of accounts for some reason

well because i had deleted my facebook in 2018 and i still use the email i had for that account as my main email i was going to make a new fb account but have it ultra basic just for the quest 2, opened fb and my old sign in details were there..this is because i had been checking since 2018 every so often making sure its still deleted...so i thought ill just try sign in again before i make a new account and it all loaded up my 2018 account.

but i do not want to use this old account for quest 2 because it has all the details and what ever they collected for the years i had it.

so think this may make me just cancel my argos order for the quest 2....i find it very dodgy

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
You can change the Email Address tied to your account though. I just verified this myself.

So all you have to do is, first Change your Email Address in your Oculus Profile (using the links on this very website). Then create a new Facebook Account with that Email.

You can also just create a new Facebook Account with the new Email, and then change your email address in your Oculus Account. Either method should work. You don't need to use your old email if you don't want to.

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

Zenbane said:

Were all your pictures and posts still saved? That seems unlikely. I once deleted an old Facebook account, then logged in to it years later. The account re-activated, but every single photo I had ever uploaded was gone. In my case, I had lost the original copy of those photos. So I was logging in to that old deleted FB Account hoping to download them. But alas, Facebook deleted them.

With FB, to "delete" an account doesn't remove the account in its entirety. Instead, it deletes most of what you ever posted (comments, etc) and all of the media you uploaded.

Zenbane said:

Everything inc friends, posts and pics are still on, i had downloaded all my photos from the years when i deleted my account as you could download everything into a zip file. but its all still on. it was deleted i selected, i had deactivated it before but found out they then allowed to delete the profile and everything so i did that...this is why when i tried signing back in multple times since then it didnt let me and said no account with those details.

hmm well i have a oculus account already..well clearly i do haha silly me...forgot im signed into it...i had a rift S so i have games i have bought rtc on this account using this email address which is different to my facebook email address.

i need to reinstall the oculus software on my pc and redownload all the games i have.

i think if i now make another facebook profie using the email i have for oculus fb will ban my account, i thinik this is what has been happening so maybe easier if like you say (i think this is what you are saying)..if i change my oculus email to the email address my fb profile is using then it should go ok when i get the quest 2 tomorrow.

I was just worried about all the info they have form that facebook account so wanted a new bare fb account...but if i delete fb again and make a new one....have a feeling they will auto ban the new one.

sorry im crap when it comes to making accounts etc for certain things....came of fb because i didnt want it anymore and have not missed it 1 bit and do not plan on using the profiles again like before

MarkT25810
Expert Protege
chances are the quest 2 will go back to argos after all this messing about as im pretty sure the IPD will be a issue enough to make me not ablle to use it more so if settign 3 looks horrid with the bars at the side so i am iffing and butting to cancel the bloody order lol

i have lost count at the amount of headsets ive had its actually a running joke in my family, i had the original vive when it came out, sold it because i kept smashing the ceiling with the controllers, got the rift was alot better but i get migranes and it was making me ill sold it.....vr is so great i thought ill get it again months later...sold it then once again...sold it and i had the rift S 2 times for same reason haha

VR is fantastic BUT maybe its not for me, i really want it to work for me but max its 1 hr maybe  1 1/2 hrs so thing the quest 2 is a bad idea..rift s was ok though and the software adjustment was pretty great

MarkT25810
Expert Protege
its ok ive cancelled the order with argos and got my refund, too many issuse and possible issues with what i have seen on here, and them doing something to bring my deleted account back is all too fishy for my liking tbh. This time i am going with my gut feeling instead of wasting money and then returning it or trying to sell it on.

i do not think this headset is for me, basically i wanted a rift s....exactly as that was but with more res and fov but to be able to use it non wired when i wanted too but the quest 2 is not that..it has the better resolution but too many negatives. so i am going to just finally sit VR out and wait for something that i know will be ok.

Being honest i would be mostly playing it wired anyway and only unplugging for the few quest 2 only games...everything else like walking dead, and arizona would be the pcvr versions which i bought when i had a rift s