cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Sharing and Multi User Accounts Availability for Quest 2 Headset

pyoung129
Level 2
When will App Sharing and Multi User Accounts be available - initially announced for February 13, 21
18 REPLIES 18

GottaLuvMe14
Level 2
pyoung129 said:

When will App Sharing and Multi User Accounts be available - initially announced for February 13, 21

Wondering the same thing myself. 

Shmoeman
Level 2
same here

Nunyabinez
Level 8
No announcement has been made. Developers were told that they had until February 12th to opt out of family sharing or they would be automatically opted in on the 13th.

Nothing has been said about when the feature itself will be released.

I would think that they would wait until some of the bugs that are affecting some people on v25 are squashed.

I would guess some time in March. 

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

PITTCANNA
Level 11
https://www.oculus.com/blog/gather-your-party-introducing-multi-user-and-app-sharing-on-oculus-quest...

rolling out today for select users

Here’s the fine print:

• For now, the admin account (a.k.a. the account you used to set up your headset) can add up to three additional accounts and enable App Sharing on a single device. Remember, this is experimental—it might change as more households begin to own multiple Quest devices.
  • To use Multi-User and App Sharing, the admin and additional account holders must each log in to the shared device with their respective Facebook accounts.
  • Additional account holders can only access the admin account holder’s shared apps on the device where App Sharing is enabled. If the additional account holder purchases their own device or already has their own device, they won't be able to access the admin account’s shared apps on their own headset.
  • Additional account holders may purchase their own apps and content on shared devices, but these apps won’t be shared with either the admin account or other additional accounts.
  • You can still log in to multiple devices at the same time. However, you will not be able to use the same account to run the same app across multiple devices simultaneously. Different accounts can concurrently access a shared app on multiple headsets, keeping in mind that you can only enable App Sharing on a single device at the moment.
  • The admin account cannot be changed without a factory reset. The admin account can add additional accounts, but additional accounts cannot add other accounts.
  • Need tips on keeping your headset clean? You’ll find them here.

Nunyabinez
Level 8
This will be interesting. I will put my secondary Facebook on my Quest 2 and try to do a multiplayer with my Quest on my main account and see it I can do multiplayer without purchasing 2 copies.

Right now, there would be no way to have 3 headsets and play together without purchasing at least a second copy of the game for one.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

sambeckett
Level 4
I don't see this feature on my Quest 2.  who are the select users?

Nunyabinez
Level 8

I don't see this feature on my Quest 2.  who are the select users?

It should be to all Quest 2 users, but will roll out like other updates, so it could take up to 3 weeks.

b9user
Level 2
Info said add multi accounts via settings - experimental. I dont have multiple accounts in experimental settings. Im running v25, do I need to wait for this upgrade?
My partner has her own FB account. A light shone in this dark corner of mine would be appreciated.

Nunyabinez
Level 8

b9user said:

Info said add multi accounts via settings - experimental. I dont have multiple accounts in experimental settings. Im running v25, do I need to wait for this upgrade?
My partner has her own FB account. A light shone in this dark corner of mine would be appreciated.

All updates from Oculus roll out. I don't have it either. It could be today, or in 3 weeks or any time in between. Just depends on luck.