cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Sharing of [DLC] content

MrRedPandabaer
Explorer

Hello everyone,. I own two Meta Quest 2 headsets, one for my partner and one for myself. I am sharing my app library with her account, so she can have her own progress and play games without disturbing my progress - great feature. However, I had to learn that this feature is not perfect... We love to play Walkabout Mini Golf and were so hyped for all the new DLC courses, allowing the team to publish more courses more frequently. I bought the first DLC, we jumped into the game and we had to realize: DLC content is not shared by app sharing. This sounds more like a mistake - rather DLC content should be shared with family members as well....?

21 REPLIES 21

Katinka_
Honored Guest

I have the same problem.  The main walkabout does share nicely.  but when I purchased babylon, I get it on my headset, but my husband does not.  It happened again with shangrila.

neo451
Protege

I just got the real VR fishing DLC and have the same problem too. This looks like a problem with the app sharing implementation by facebook on the headset rather than a game specific thing. Facebook or meta or whatever they want to call themselves need to fix this asap as it will start impacting more and more users as the player base grows.

aorjuel1
Honored Guest

Not exactly sure how to get Facebook to listen to us but this is a big issue with family sharing. Maybe if we start rating the games 1 star it would get devs to start communicating the issue with Facebook.

I spoke to oculus support and they told me that it is in the works to get this fixed but they didn't give me a timeline. I wouldn't necessarily penalize the app developers for something they have no control over. However, contacting oculus support about it might help to raise urgency of this fix if enough people do it!

Man_Hatton
Explorer

Walkabout Mini Golf devs have said they want the dlc to support app sharing, but it is something Oculus needs fix. So hopeful it gets fixed soon.

Vyrotek
Honored Guest

We just hit this issue too with Walkabout Mini Golf. Oculus Support did provide a refund fortunately. It's pretty ridiculous that DLC isn't available across App Sharing. We only make purchases on a single secured account and share it with the family with App Sharing. I guess we won't be purchasing any DLC for anything anytime soon.

imbrock
Honored Guest

I too have this problem, I hope the fix comes soon. We want to do that minigolf dlc

Hey neo451  has this issue been resolved i had them refund me since i could not share the addon ?

No, it has not been fixed.