cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple tv stopped working

Bishopsfinger
Honored Guest

Ok i really enjoy watching Amazon and apple tv on the quest. the large screen does amazing justice to most programs.

however apple TV stopped working with the latest update

it worked before and yes I've tried deleting apple account, browser history etc 

i don't want to factory reset the quest 2 as I'm playing lots of games and don't want to lose my save game progress.

I've also tried Firefox but while it starts to play it goes to a green fuzzy screen as if its lost the decode function for the stream.

any ideas ?

Thanks  

David 

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We completely understand the desire to watch your favorite shows on the big screen and we want to help you get back to doing just that! If you haven't already, please try rebooting the headset and deleting the cache. Let us know if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi

Ive tried rebooting and restarting the quest and delegating the browser history and cookies  I can’t see the option for deleting browser Cache 

with the new update it just tries several times in a row to load the Apple TV Home Screen. Then brings up the “this page keeps crashing do you want to load a different page” with. The little 8bit dog 

Thnaks

Hey there! If you haven't already sent us a PM, we encourage you to do that so we can dive deeper into your issue and get you back to enjoying Apple TV on your Quest. You can also click HERE to contact our Support Team by email or chat. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey Bishopsfinger, we just wanted to check in and see if your issue with Apple TV on Quest was resolved. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Ok I’ve now managed to get it working to the point where it now says Apple TV doesn’t support this browser use chrome or Firefox 

switching between mobile or desktop mode makes no difference 

so something has changed with the update as it used to work 

We understand. We wish this could've worked out differently for you. Sometimes compatibility can change on a dime, without warning. There is no Apple TV+ app currently available for Quest 2 but we do have Netflix, Sling TV, among other video streaming apps for Quest 2, if you'd like to check them out.

Hi And thanks for the reply but its not Rey a fix or solution 

the Apple TV player works on chrome, the oculus browser is chrome based and an update by oculus broke this so it no longer works. 

Obviously the best solution is that apple bring out a app 

back to watching on a tiny screen i guess