cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMBF Safe?

angelo_mata_526
Level 2
I want to get BMBF but I just got my Oculus Quest and I want to make sure its safe. Anything?
6 REPLIES 6

Pixie40
Level 9
Uh, what is BMBF? And why would it be unsafe?
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Richooal
Level 12

Pixie40 said:

Uh, what is BMBF? And why would it be unsafe?

It's to do with that beat saber thing..........
https://beatsaberquest.com/bmbf/bmbf/installing-bmbf/

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Pixie40
Level 9
Well, using Sidequest is safe. Or as safe as any mod or beta test programs can ever be. So it should be fine. At worst, you might need to uninstall and reinstall Beat Saber due to the game file getting borked somehow.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Jsiddy
Level 2
BMBF is totes safe! Worth the set up! Been playing modded beat saber and even making my own maps!

Nunyabinez
Level 8
Once you get comfortable with the process to re-install after each Beat Saber update, it is completely awesome. Read the instructions carefully, it is easy to make mistakes. I also use Side Quest's back-up function to restore my scores after each update. That involves figuring out where various files are on the Quest so you can restore them.

And when there is an update, make sure that BMBF has a compatible version out. Occasionally you need to wait to install the Beat Saber update until BMBF has updated.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

lechiffre12
Level 2
This is my advice if you already have bmbf......do not upgrade to the multiplayer until all the bugs are fix......if you have the one and 2...... upgrade the 2 only....for now.......i can't get my custom song from bmbf on multiplayer.....the package song is fine but not necessarily what I like......