cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Pack and Link

Blackdrako3000
Honored Guest
I am planning on getting the Quest 2 and the battery pack. I am assuming that like with most battery packs, there is a port for charging. Does the battery pack also have a pass-through for charging and using Link at the same time to play Rift games?
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The Elite strap with battery has a charging port, but its Oculus store page says that the battery cannot be used while using Link, so presumably it does not do data passthrough.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Blackdrako3000
Honored Guest
I must be blind or something. I can't find any information on the battery itself. The only information I find is for the Link Cable and it doesn't say anything about the battery pack. Can you post the link?

enigma01
Trustee
The only place I can see it mentioned is when you add the your basket. 

The Oculus Link USB C cable keeps the headset charged anyway when connected to a USB C port, so I guess you’d just clip the charge cable from the battery pack out of way when using Link?
u2hhg9qr8g25.jpeg

Blackdrako3000
Honored Guest
Thank you. I figured they would have that information elsewhere to make informed decisions before adding to the cart. Most people don't think to look at the sub-text on an item in the cart already. I'm one of them.