cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen Problem

BoldBossman34
Explorer

Hello everyone. I am having trouble setting up my Oculus Link cable to my new pc (specs are i9-11900k, 3070 ti, and 16gb of ram). Once I connect the cable to the pc, it seems to recognize the headset and start up to link seems to be normal until the oculus white screen seems to go blank and I cannot do anything but back out of the screen. I have gone to support for this and they could not figure out what the problem was. I tried reinstalling the software, updating various drivers and many more. I am using the oculus brand usb-c cable and it has worked in the past but just randomly stopped working a couple days ago for some odd reason. When I run the test connection whilst wearing the headset it says that the test could not complete. Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I got exactly the same problem with yours! I got my new computer (same specifications as yours) but also got black screen after connecting with the oculus link. Did you find out any solutions? I think we need to reach out to the support and ask them if they can upgrade the software

Hello! I am sorry about the situation that you are in , but I am glad that I have found someone with the same problem! I have contacted support and they are going to send me a replacement soon. It looks like my computer is fine and everything is working properly. I even took it apart and put everything back together but it still doesn’t want to work. PS I am talking about my pc not Oculus just in case that’s what you thought I was talking about haha.  What is happening with yours?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your info! I don't think it's the headset issue because I just tried with my friend's computer who has a lower spec: i7-11800, RTX 3060 and 8GB RAM. And I worked! Everything with our headset and link and computer is fine, just the oculus software cannot be compatible with the higher specs. I decided to reach out to the team and ask about this.

Yeah I agree with you there. I think it is a connectivity issue. The thing is that it was working fine but now it’s not. I don’t know what happened but I guess it just decided not to work lol

Reiziger
Expert Protege

Hi enjoy while it works

If they do the same with the Quest as they did with the Oculus Go it will become useless in due time https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Go/Oculus-go-browser-crashing-for-1-5-months-empty-promises-no...

Hello. I am not sure what you mean? Are you having the same problem as us?