cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen.

guyome41
Honored Guest
Hello I'm having trouble with my oculus Quest. I restarted my Oculus Quest and since I have a black screen .... There is the Oculus logo at startup and 3 small loading points but then black screen. I noticed that the front sensor does not work anymore ..... I tried to reset with my phone but still the same ... I leave tomorrow all week and it's mostly where I needed it by chance.....

So at startup I have the oculus logo so the screen works well. Then nothing. I think I have a problem with the front sensor but I just restarted the headset!

Thx.

8 REPLIES 8

guyome41
Honored Guest
I just tried a Factory Reset. The screens work very well. But always the same problem afterwards. It seems that the proxymity sensor is not working. Even after a press on the power button the headphones turn on but black screen. I do not understand because I just restarted the headset ....?

simo232
Honored Guest
I had the same problem and found that the Factory Reset solved it.

BobJacko
Honored Guest
How do you factory set if my quest will not turn on?

ezop73
Rising Star
BobJacko said:
How do you factory set if my quest will not turn on?

plug in the quest and attach the charger cable until the light on the side turns green, then hold the power button and the volume (-) button until the boot menu opens and you can then use the volume buttons to move up and down the menu the press the power button to select.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the same issue and have submitted a ticket.   i have since discovered that its the glasses extender 
the unit no longer works with it in.
my guess is in an update the sensitivity in a sensor in the headset in regards to its detecting when its on your head 
has been altered in such a way that it no longer functions with the glasses extender. 
as i am finding that it just refuses to work with it in now.

FelicityC
Adventurer
You can turn off the 'proximity' sensor in the settings on your phone. I did it because it got annoying having it go off/on when I would peek underneath it to find something IRL
wait its not in the phone options i think its in the quest itself
either way im using the spacer with an aftermarket face pad and no problems with that

Try doing that and seeing if it helps
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

gameboyavanced
Honored Guest

guyome41 said:

Hello I'm having trouble with my oculus Quest. I restarted my Oculus Quest and since I have a black screen .... There is the Oculus logo at startup and 3 small loading points but then black screen. I noticed that the front sensor does not work anymore ..... I tried to reset with my phone but still the same ... I leave tomorrow all week and it's mostly where I needed it by chance.....

So at startup I have the oculus logo so the screen works well. Then nothing. I think I have a problem with the front sensor but I just restarted the headset!

Thx.

put a bandaid over senser

AmyInk
Honored Guest
Remove silicone cover if you have it covered your Oculus. Fix mine right the way! I feel silly!