cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen after 3 dots inside guardian

OrangeBerry
Honored Guest

Hi everyone,

This is a very recent problem concerning my quest 2.

It starts up normally, but once the 3 dots are gone i'm engulved in black, only being able to see my guardian. Once i physically get out of it, it switches to passthrough.

I have updated the Quest software and installed it moments before this issue. I do not know what version unfortunately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TBwn
Protege

I'm having the same.  Leaving it plugged in now in the hopes that the update is still in progress.
Barring that, I expect it may need a factory reset.

And the current version being rolled out right now is ver 29. 

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg I am not alone! I have the exact same issue!!

Kra-B
Honored Guest

Same here... Black screen within boundary and passthru outside the boundary. 

TBwn
Protege

I'm having the same.  Leaving it plugged in now in the hopes that the update is still in progress.
Barring that, I expect it may need a factory reset.

And the current version being rolled out right now is ver 29. 

Disturbed127
Honored Guest

having the same problem here

TBwn
Protege

Well, I left it plugged in and on overnight in case it was still updating.  No change.  I just did a factor reset which seems to have been my only solution.

Michalbbb
Protege

I have the same problem! After I updated the software the screen just went black and I see only the guardian, just like you.

I posted about this in the support forum and also summited a ticket to the support. They haven't replied yet, and I tried everything (resetting, hard reboot) and nothing helped. My oculus if basically new and I will be so disappointed if this problem won't be fixed.

Update us if you get it fixed!

I have the same problem. Did the factory reset help? Is your oculus working now?

I read some comments of people who did it and it didn't help but only made things worse... Like their app doesn't recognize the device now...

drvng4evr
Protege

So, you guys are not alone. I am having the same problem after doing the V29 update. The guardian is the only thing that shows up along with black screen. 

I can't believe this forum has not come up with a solution yet. 

Yeah, I'm surprised too. We are so many people with the same problem and there is no solution at all.