cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen after 3 dots inside guardian

OrangeBerry
Honored Guest

Hi everyone,

This is a very recent problem concerning my quest 2.

It starts up normally, but once the 3 dots are gone i'm engulved in black, only being able to see my guardian. Once i physically get out of it, it switches to passthrough.

I have updated the Quest software and installed it moments before this issue. I do not know what version unfortunately.

106 REPLIES 106

TrapperJohn4077
Explorer

I had the same problem after the V29 upgrade completed on my Q2. A factory reset fixed it for me. My Q2 is working fine after the factory reset.

My buddy upgraded his Q2 to V29 and had no trouble at all.

OrangeBerry
Honored Guest

Hi again everyone,

After factory resetting the Quest 2 everything has been working like it should.

Hi. I'm about to do the factory re-set. Did you do it on the headset or the app? Also, did you have the Oculus Link cable plugged into the computer when you did this?

TrapperJohn4077
Explorer

I initiated the factory reset from the headset, not from the app. I don't have an Oculus Link cable, so, no, I didn't have a Link cable plugged into the computer when I did this. Good luck!

Lumberpickle29
Explorer

wow same too I've tried almost all I can think of and even the factory reset menu won't come up.

TBwn
Protege

Reset has me working again.
Thankfully, most of my games are through Steam so I didn't lose much, but yes, you do lose Oculus game progress.

The first time I launched it after the reset it asked if I wanted to re-download my previous apps so that was nice.  But for anyone who plays a lot of Oculus games a factory reset might lose you a lot of progress. 

Did the factory reset work?

Yes, the factory reset worked. Quest 2 is working great now. 

I e never used factory reset before, does it wipeout all tour saved files and games and trophy’s and custom download songs??? Or just reset the OS ?

TBwn
Protege

In my case the only Oculus game I played was Beat Saber, but yes, I lost all of my progress.
It remembered what apps I had and my purchases but no saved game data.