cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen after 3 dots inside guardian

OrangeBerry
Honored Guest

Hi everyone,

This is a very recent problem concerning my quest 2.

It starts up normally, but once the 3 dots are gone i'm engulved in black, only being able to see my guardian. Once i physically get out of it, it switches to passthrough.

I have updated the Quest software and installed it moments before this issue. I do not know what version unfortunately.

106 REPLIES 106

TrapperJohn4077
Explorer

The factory reset will wipeout your trophies, game stats, etc. unless the developer saves this data in the cloud. In my case, the games I own save this data to the headset so I lost all of my trophies, game progress, etc. when I did the factory reset. 

JustWriteItDaddy
Honored Guest

Mine started yesterday, 12 June 2021. I will wait for one more day before doing a factor reset. 

I did the factory reset.  The Q2 updated to v29, but I had to download everything again.  The only thing not working now is the cabled Link to my PC.

Do you know if population one is a cloud save or a local save for data and progress??

apparently I’m going to have to try to factory reset. I’m an EXTREMELY disappointed with Oculus. A major platform like this should absolutely NOT have these issues. 

Absolutely agreed.

Did you lose all your games?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever find a solution even after factory resetting it still doesn’t work

Factory reset fixed my headset. It’s working great. However I lost a lot of stuff. All my custom songs for synth rider. My link up to sidequest, all my game progress that was saved to the headset. Have to start many games from the beginning again. That’s very disappointing 

Yes I did. They are in the oculus cloud though so they had to be all re downloaded. However all the saved game progress is gone. Sooooo any Game that didn’t saved to the cloud I now have to start the quest or the voyage all over again which I am very disappointed about

Sidwest
Honored Guest

I'm glad I am not the only one.  I'm having the same problem after the software update.  Quest 2 will power up and then goes black after the 3 dots appear.  The guardian shows and the screen is black.  I contacted customer support and received a ticket number but have not had any reply as of yet.  I hope they fix issue soon. My quest 2 is only a few months old and I hope I don't have to buy a new game system.