cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen tearing when moving head on airlink and virtual desktop

ConstantineAlexander
Honored Guest

Black screen tearing constantly when moving head to either side on airlink and virtual desktop. Have tried all settings to adjust it and it seems to do it on every setting.  Have everything super low settings with no supersampling, I have used OTT and ODT, changed bitrates, resolution, asw on, off, auto, bitrate width, etc.  Nothing is working.  I have a gtx 1660super, ryzen 5 5600x, b550, 24g ram, 700mbps internet, computer is wired in, quest 2 is on 5ghz wifi.  I have disable and enabled gpu/cpu/ram clocks, im about to return this thing as I have a Rift S and if im going to be wired might as well use that...any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We want to make sure your AirLink experience is the best it can be. If you haven't already, please PM us or click HERE to contact us by email or chat, and we'll work this out together. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

briank83
Explorer

This may be an issue with in game overlays used by Nvidia, Steam, Origin, etc… Turn off in game overlays for those services and any others you have. It seems odd since they aren’t necessarily running, but it worked for me. I read it on another forum, unfortunately I can’t find the link.

Cool I'll have to try to disable steams when I get home, I disabled the rest already.

Oculus email reply was that my GTX 1660super was not supported, yet a 1660 and a 1660ti are, so that's the only explanation I got for the massive screen tearing and pulling when moving my head, cool thanks for the great insight.....

ConstantineAlexander
Honored Guest

https://youtu.be/h15jwwDSVxY

This shows kind of what is happening, looks way worse in headset though.

ConstantineAlexander
Honored Guest

My solution was getting another router, didnt like my Xfi gateway combo modem/router signal apparently.  Found out when I switched to a hotspot on my pc it was almost perfect after getting the new router ive been able to play anywhere in the house flawlessly. Thanks support for nothing. BTW 1660super works just fine.