cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen with 3 dots FIX (maybe) :/

Kyle979
Level 3

Hello, I had an issue with an infinite loading screen/black screen/3 loading dots while trying to connect to my pc via the link cable. After looking at EVERY youtube video and EVERY fix online, None of them worked so I tried some things that may be the issue for you too. Hope this helps 🙂

- FIX 1 (TASK MANAGER) - 

: MAKE SURE YOU ARE UPDATED TO THE NEWEST UPDATE ON YOUR QUEST 2 HEADSET!

: ONCE YOU HAVE UPDATED THE HEADSET PLUG YOUR HEADSET INTO YOUR PC AND CLICK THE LINK BUTTON INSIDE THE HEADSET TO CONNECT TO THE PC ALSO CHECK THE NOTIFICATIONS TAB ON THE OCULUS DESKTOP APP. IF IT SAYS "SORRY OCULUS LINK STOPPED WORKING" GO INTO TASK MANAGER AND CLOSE ALL THINGS REGARDING OCULUS. This may fix the infinite loading/3 dots. (Didn't work for me)

- FIX 2 (NVIDIA DRIVERS) -

: MAKE SURE YOU ARE UPDATED TO THE NEWEST NVIDIA DRIVERS (SAME GOES FOR AMD GPUS).

: FOR ME WITH THE NEW GRAPHICS DRIVERS HAD A HIDDEN ERROR THAT I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT. TO FIX THIS JUST GO INTO THE DRIVER PAGE ON THE APP AND PRESS THE 3 LITTLE DOTS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE APP IT SHOULD SAY "REINSTALL DRIVER" PRESS THAT AND LET IT DO ITS THING. (This fixed the problem for me.)

If the problem still happens . Contact Oculus/Meta support.  They will ask you to do some simple troubleshooting steps which will most probably not work. Then they will ask for a diagnostics of your pc with the oculus app to get more info to see if your pc has any errors which can cause the issue. 

If they can not find the problem they will ask for you to get an RMA which means they will ask for proof of purchase and the serial number of the unit. (This is a very long process as you will have to send them your old headset back and when they get the headset they will send you a new one.) (IT HAS TO BE UNDER WARRANTY TIME FRAME!)

0 REPLIES 0