cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blown out right speaker Brand new oculus quest so sad

agapes
Honored Guest
i got my quest today i was very happy to start playing but found out right speaker has problem and wierd noise coming out
55 REPLIES 55

cody_pexton
Explorer
Mine too! Right speaker. It worked for a couple hours but it sounds like it’s blown..... 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Another couple of one post wonders.  Maybe or maybe not true, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

cody_pexton
Explorer
Now I’m a two-time poster :). Why would that be made up though... the Quest is amazing. I’ll get it swapped out.

Cpt_Custard
Adventurer
Reboot and it goes away, dont think its the speaker. Lots of people having the same issue including me.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

TomCgcmfc said:

Another couple of one post wonders.  Maybe or maybe not true, lol!

Don't be a d*** Tom. Happened to me as well mate. I understand your caution but it's not fair to discredit new users. Right speaker distorted/crackling. Restarting the Quest seems to fix this. If it gets worse then I hope Oculus are aware of the problem. I think it's possibly software related and can be fixed.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
same thing with mine and a reboot  seemed to fix it

cody_pexton
Explorer
That worked! Thank you guys!!

bmash
Honored Guest
Sorry for my 1 post wonder also, but I never needed to post about my Go and was googling for this same problem.  I too have this issue, noticed it last night playing Vader first and foremost, also noticed the default volume for that (in game settings - not the oculus volume setting) was cranked to max.  When i brought down the in game volume the crackling and popping went away for a minute, but then came back.  I'll try the reboot when I get home tonight before I try to exchange it, thanks guys.

RattyUK
Trustee
Glad your all now working properly, and welcome to the forum 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3