cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blown out right speaker Brand new oculus quest so sad

agapes
Honored Guest
i got my quest today i was very happy to start playing but found out right speaker has problem and wierd noise coming out
55 REPLIES 55

tigersbite
Explorer
Same here. Supposedly just plugging something into one of the 3.5mm headphone ports will immediately fix it. Have to try next time it happens. Definitely a software issue

tigersbite
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Another couple of one post wonders.  Maybe or maybe not true, lol!

Seeing as how most Quest owners, like myself, are new to the Oculus landscape, there'll be many first-time posters on here. It's a new product, and aimed at mainstream and casual users. This issue is a valid one, though. Thought I broke the dang thing first time it happened.

sitb0003_de
Honored Guest
Same problem here. After a few hours into BeatSaber right speakers started to crackling for a few seconds. Repeated several times until i left my Quest due to rage quit. After a few hours untouched, it worked again as never something happened. Hopefully it´s only a software malfunction. Otherwise have to swap it out at the store.

Knutsi
Protege
I jhave this too. Only happens when using the speaker, not with headphones. Restart or sometimes change of game fixes it, but it seems to frequently return.

arcanekand
Honored Guest
Same happened on mine on netflix restart fixed it it doesn't seem like a hardware issue but a software issue due to it being fixed when the quest is restarted hopefully a patch can fix it.

GrandTheftGato
Explorer
I had it happen for the first time on the Quest while using Ocean Rift The only thing that fixed it was restarting completely. First time it happened in several hours of use, and it hasn't happened again so far.

useri7
Protege
Same issue, seems to be a software problem because restarting fixes it. 

Pessic
Explorer
Escribe tu comentario

Pessic
Explorer
Now in both speakers, in Dead and Boired2

Fedmonster
Honored Guest
I also am having this issue, right speaker sounds awful, I’m really really hoping it’s merely a software issue.