cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry round the edges

technomaniac
Honored Guest
Hi all,
I thought I would check in here before contacting support just to see if my expectation is to high.
This is my first vr headset (Quest 2) that I got from John Lewis on release day. I have speant a lot of hours in it adjusting things but something is nagging me.
The sweet spot of the lenses is right in the middle, look at anything just off centre and it is blurry on both lenses.
Is that to be expected?
I have settled on the middle ipd. When I use the widest ipd I can see flat edges on the outside of my view that looks awful, so I decided that cannot be right. The smallest ipd is just wrong.
There is no fogging and the lenses are clean.
It has been like this since day one.
What do you all think?

Kind regards Greame
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm pretty sure some people move the lenses inbetween each setting slightly to get rid of the blur.

Do you wear glasses at all? 

Others have said the Quest 1 was fine and they didn't need to wear their glasses but the Quest 2 they did. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi there! If you wear glasses, you can use them with the Quest 2! A glasses spacer is included in your box, and you can click here for steps to install it as well as details about wearing the Quest 2 with glasses in use.

If you notice that the display is still blurry and affecting your overall VR experience, please submit a ticket so we can help. Thanks!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
Not sure about the 2 but the sweet spot is a lot smaller with the glasses spacer in the quest 1.  I bought prescription inserts for mine and now I have to move my head a lot more instead of just looking with my eyes.  It's also partly due to foveated rendering where the edges aren't as detailed to save on processing power.

That said if you want you can try disabling foveated rendering through sidequest to see if that's what's causing most of the blurriness you're seeing.  That way you know if it's the way it's supposed to be or if something's wrong.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

FIX THE V37 UPDATE NOW ITS BLURRY ALL OVER AND THX TO UR BROKE UPDATE IM. GETTING MOTION SICK 😡😡😡

Spot on! V37 bricked the device.

i aint had that happen to mine yet so i guess im lucky but they better hurry up and fix it fast