cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry

wes.cantrell.16
Honored Guest

I just got the Quest 2 and am having issues with the image while in VR is not crisp. Up close, depending on the angle it is clear, but at a short distance away objects are somewhat out of focus and blurry. Enemy shooters in Onward appear to be more of a black "blob" silhouette of a man rather than a crisp, clean person. Another example in Onward is the word explosive on the side of a fuel tank. The Word is so out of focus it is nearly illegible. While in climb 2 the path directly in front is clear but when looking around at the scenery it is out of focus and blurry. The planes that fly by are in the basic shape if a plane and the blimps are just a colored blob in the distance. I've adjusted the ipd and the head strap. I dont wear glasses. Is this normal? 

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for reaching out! We noticed that you seemed to be experiencing blurriness with images. We understand experiencing blurriness puts a damper on your gaming experience. First, let's do some troubleshooting steps to rule out what's causing the issue. Please try to do this:

• If the headset is not fitted properly, please adjust it by following steps here.
  • Please make sure that you have the correct IPD settings, you can visit here to try this troubleshooting steps. 

Reboot your headset: 

1. Log out of the Oculus Companion App.
  2. Log back in.
  3. With your headset on, hold the power button on the top of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
  4. Select Restart to reboot your Oculus Quest.

Let us know if you need anything else. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

charliet.2022
Honored Guest

I had this same problem. I wear progressive glasses and my eye doctor said that they are contributing to the issue since when I look up or down, the different strength of those parts of the glasses cause the blurryness. He suggested that I get distance-only glasses to use with the Meta Quest, and that has helped a lot but the image is still not perfect.