cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoxVR stats lost after update

furtin
Protege
What a major bummer. After updating all stats and progress are what seems to be lost forever! What I would want to know, if this happens with every update? What good is that, if you always have to start from square one...?
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
6 REPLIES 6

chaddub
Honored Guest
So far it has happened to me both times I updated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
The game saves should stay in a separate folder while the other folder with the game gets updated. This is bloody ridiculous and I agree with you.

enigma01
Trustee

VRBabe14 said:

The game saves should stay in a separate folder while the other folder with the game gets updated. This is bloody ridiculous and I agree with you.

We need cloud saving...

Anonymous
Not applicable
@enigma01 Cloud saving is a bad idea because you need to be connected to the Internet at all times when it auto saves. I lost my game save with destiny 2 on my pc because I lost Internet access during cloud based game save. Plus the server was having issues and I also lost my game save again. I prefer having game saves on my device in a separate folder.

enigma01
Trustee
Not if they are saved locally and backed up the cloud. I’ve had to reset my headset several times for different reasons. Even if the saves are stored in a separate folder and you have to reset the headset, you’re gonna lose all your save data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@enigma01 This is where the quest should have had a MicroSD slot so that we can save our game saves locally and also play videos quickly without connecting to the pc to upload to the quest.